05-13-2011 10:44 AM
Store category Utilities/Utilities is now over 1000 products, could it be subdivided please?
Currently there are just a few subdivisions of Utilities:
- Calculators (262)
- Clocks (192)
- Voice Dictation (13)
- Phone Services (313)
- Utilities (1004)
There are several other common and popular categories that have grown over the years, such as:
- System Utilities (i.e. memory, battery, signal, quickpull, process viewer, remote device access)
- Lights (i.e. flashlights, cop lights, emergency flashers, disco lights)
- Notifications (i.e. LED, vibes, message previews)
- Data Management (i.e. zip creator/extractor, contact management, app-card offloader)
- Security (i.e. app locker, secure delete, remote media card eraser)
- User Interface (i.e. fancy characters, additions to system menus, slide lock screen)
- Readers (not just eBooks, i.e. PDF, special formats)
- Audio (i.e. ringtone creator, MP3 editor)
- Graphics (i.e. screenshot, custom icons)
and that's just from a quick scan through some of the stuff in Utilities/Utilities. There's more.
It would make it a lot more interesting for the customers to browse the store this way, rather than just 1004 miscellaneous Utilities.
05-22-2011 02:19 AM
You know, I don't want to mis-categorize apps, but since having it in Utilities/Utilities is almost as bad as having it nowhere, I've moved some things to other miscellaneous categories like Productivity/Productivity. I see that many other vendors have done the same. Some utilities are even in Entertainment/Gadgets just to get exposure.
Have you ever walked into a first-rate store and seen 90% of the hardware section in just a big random heap instead of organized? It would get frustrating trying to browse through that to see what's there.