Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: URGENT: Users who purchase our app on Z10 are not able to download on PlayBook

Thanks all.  We are looking into this.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: URGENT: Users who purchase our app on Z10 are not able to download on PlayBook

My app is experiencing the same problem. Smiley Sad

PM sent.

I've also created an issue in Issue Tracker to help track this one.  It's available here:  https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-712

Mark Sohm

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

FYI, just encountered this with a report from a user of my White Noise app.

I then uninstalled it on my PlayBook as well (I typically buy a copy of my own apps to make sure all goes well with the download/installs etc) and sure enough, no buttons visible and I'm unable to reinstall from BBWorld on the PlayBook.

I noted prior to the uninstall that even the Delete button was missing from the app's entry. I was able to delete from the home page of course, by long-pressing the icon and hitting the garbage can.

By the way, this was also a paid app but with free upgrades.

Additional observations from others: those who've never purchased of course see the correct buttons on the PB. Also those who've purchased on the PB but not yet installed on a BB10 device still see the Delete button under the app's entry on their PlayBook.

For what it's worth and as a warning: based on my experience with Battery Guru and now this, it's clear that currently using a single product to support both BB10 and the PlayBook is problematic, whether the upgrade is free or paid (though maybe for different reasons).  If you don't have to do this, avoid it. If you have to, expect some problems.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: Carrier

Is there an update on this issue? Our users are getting impatient and starting to blame us in emails to our support mailbox!!!

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Not sure if it is the same issue, but here is the story:

I have a BBOS7 paid app, and I developed a BB10 version. No charging for BB10 version, i.e. whoever purchased it on BBOS7 could use it on BB10. So far so good. Most of the users got their BB10 version without any issues. However few of them complained that they are not able to download the BB10 version. After some investigation I found that all users who cannot upgrade have a Playbook. Please note that my app does not have a Playbook version at all.

Is it possible that the issue is caused because the same BlackBerryID is used on both Playbook and BB10/BBOS7?

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer
My Device: Q5, Q10, Z10, Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: Carrier

[ Edited ]

Here is workaround which was suggested by one of our users and can be used to resolve this problem. 

Have the user on the device experiencing the "no Download button " problem open this URL in their browser (on device):

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/<APP_ID>/?lang=en&countrycode=CA&platform=QNX

Replace the <APP_ID> with your application ID .

We tested this with number of clients complaining about not able to download the app on Z10 or PlayBook and it worked in all cases.

---
If you find my post helpful please "like" it and "accept as a solution"
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Bump! Any progress on this?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands

[ Edited ]

This fix requires a BlackBerry PlayBook OS update.  I don't have information on timing or availability of the fix at this time.

Mark Sohm