Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9930
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Updating Supported devices of published app

Hi guys/girls,

I have released a version of my app which is on the store, however I need to update the suported devices.

I know you can do it via:

- Manage Products
-Spyglass under the Releases column
-Click edit next to the release 
-navigate to the Add Release Version 
-Click edit under the Device Support column 

However I need to know if this will take my current version off the app store until it is approved. If it does can anyone suggest a way where the app can remain on the store (this is important) until I can get these devices added?

Kind regards,

Chris

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Updating Supported devices of published app

hi Chris,

If you submit a new release that supports the desired devices there will be no downtime for your application. Once the new release is approved it will support all targeted devices and if these are the same from the previous to the new release there will simply be an upgrade for current users.

Bryan Van Engelen

BlackBerry World

powerfully,
Bryan Van Engelen
BlackBerry World
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Updating Supported devices of published app

dragoshade wrote:

Hi guys/girls,

However I need to know if this will take my current version off the app store until it is approved. If it does can anyone suggest a way where the app can remain on the store (this is important) until I can get these devices added?

Kind regards,

Chris

Changing supported device does not affect your release at all and this does not generate a support ticket. You can do it at any time.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry