Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: non-BlackBerry user
Accepted Solution

Uploading licensed BlackBerry app on BlackBerry app world

Hello,

I want to upload my paid BlackBerry app on BlackBerry app world. I have created my vendor account. User has to enter serial key or license key and activate app in order to use all the features of my app. For this, I want to use pool license key model. But how to send set of serial keys to BlackBerry app world? Is there any max limit on number of keys to be sent? Does BlackBerry charge the vendor for using this service of selling apps? If a particular user wants refund of downloaded app then how it can be done? How BlackBerry app world sends serial key/license key to user who downloads paid app?

Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: Uploading licensed BlackBerry app on BlackBerry app world

Once you choose Licence Model Pool, there is a button to upload text file with license keys, one key per line

Not aware of any maximum, but there is a minumum (at least 100 keys)

No, you don't get charged. Actually there is no charge at all for being BB App World vendor.

Refunds.. eh, it's a tough topic Smiley Happy In general App World does not give refunds (easy), although it can be done. In this case the user will receive the money back and will still using your app Smiley Tongue

When you pay and download paid app you receive your key on your invoice, it is displayed also in BB App World client on the user's phone (under the app name in My World section)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: non-BlackBerry user

Re: Uploading licensed BlackBerry app on BlackBerry app world

thnx.