Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Digi

Re: VIBER APP

[ Edited ]

right, as expected, the "it should be released within the next week or two" will never come... another 2 more weeks, will make it as months, where some 1 stated it won't take months.... just... great.....

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: o

Hi,

We have decided to stop publishing dates, as it creates understandable frustration among our fans when we hit unexpected obstacles and the release is delayed beyond what was planned.

Know that we are working around the clock to complete it as soon as possible, coordinate the final release with RIM, and bring it up on AppWorld for all our users to enjoy.

We apologize for the delays.

An official representative from Viber Media (Viber app.)
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone Ireland

@ViberTeam,

I was wondering how are things progressing? Any idea how much longer we have to wait for it to be released?

Thanks,

Richie

Regards,

Richie McC
Trusted Contributor

@richiemcc -

We are about to start another round of testings, hoping to find it clear of special problems so we could finally submit it for RIM's final review.

It is important to understand that, as common in the technological world, each time an error is found in the app it requires a new round of testing, to make sure everything is in place.

We're working around the clock, hoping to make it available to our fans as soon as we can.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone Ireland

[ Edited ]

@ViberTeam,

Thank you for releasing the beta version of the app. I had some issues sending picture messages at first, but I deleted and reinstalled and everything seems to be working now. :-)

I was wondering can you give any indication when the app is to be updated to facilitate voice calls?

Regards,

Richie McC
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We're thrilled to hear that everything is working fine and you are enjoying our service Smiley Happy

Releasing the beta version with messaging only is only the first step. We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few to several months. We'll keep you posted with news.