Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: no device yet
My Carrier: 02

Vendor Approvall? How long does it take?

Ive finished my App and also got my signing keys and so on. Now I wanted to upload the App and for this cause I registered as App World Vendor, but after few hours I didnt get a Email from RIM. So my Question: How long does it take? 

second question: Is the offer with the Playbook till the end of 13th febuary ? 

third question: What should I write in the Email to developeroutreachprogram@rim.com? (I am an Android dev. should I mention my dev. Name? )

Thank you very much

...sorry for my english(im German Smiley Happy )

My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Vendor Approvall? How long does it take?

There are details on the offer here: http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/playbook_offer2012.jsp

Note that it doesn't matter when the offer actually ends, since what matters is when you submit your app, not when the app is approved, so as long as you can get your vendor account opened by end of tomorrow you should be fine.  Make sure you've taken care of everything else in the meantime, like actually signing the app and having someone test it out on a PlayBook, or testing it out on the simulator yourself.  You'll also need a description for the app, a 50-char (max) short description, an icon, screenshots (optional but you really should have at least one) scaled to 640x375, and a 1920x1186 "featured" image that would be used in the "carousel" on App World should your app ever be featured (but it's required in any case).

It sounds like you're waiting for vendor approval, however, so that you can actually submit your app.  That normally takes something like up to 48 hours, but I'm sure they're trying to accelerate that right now and will make every effort to approve new vendors ASAP.  (The above page says as much.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Free Mobile

Re: Vendor Approvall? How long does it take?

Hi there,

the same thing happens to me and the people here advised me to send the app without signing. To do so, I called "apk2bar" in the folder of the Blackberry SDK and uploaded the bar to the Vendor Portal. Smiley Wink
And this way I'm still eligible for the Playbook offer. However I know my app will be rejected, but I will have to send it again when I will receive my keys.
Credits to rhearty for the tip ! Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.
See my PlayBook apps and my website.
Twitter : @Minishlink