Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: SaskTel

Vendor Name Override Didn't Work!

I submitted an app to the BB App World. When submitting it I used the "override vendor name" option and specified the name of the company that I am developing the app for. However, after the app was approved, it shows my personal name as the vendor on the app world product page!

Did I misunderstand the "override vendor name" option?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: Vendor Name Override Didn't Work!

Hi brandon272,

The MIDlet-Name override is not a cosmetic change on the store itself.  It simply changes the App Name (or Vendor Name) under the 'Application Management' screen on BB7 or lower.

It has no effect on PlayBook/BB10 and is only used in rare cases where the application may have been installed via the web (outside of App World) and using the MIDlet-Name override allows you to ensure the previous application not installed via App World is properly overwritten by the new application from App World.

New Contributor

I guess the next best option is to update the vendor name on the account. I've done so and this created a Change Request ticket. Any ideas on how long that takes to process?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Correct, that's the only way to get the Vendor Name displayed in the store to change. 

If you wanted to send me the Ticket # I can push it through, otherwise usualyl done within 24 hours.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ryan, that would be wonderful! I've sent you the ticket number via PM.