Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Vendor Portal Upgraded

The vendor portal has been upgraded.  You can now have different descriptions, and screen shots for the different devices (BB10, PlayBook, Legacy OS, etc.).

The current descriptions and screen shots are your default items, so you just need to over-lay for the different devices.

Good stuff!

Developer
My Device: playbook developer
My Carrier: playbook developer

Re: Vendor Portal Upgraded

Hi,

Do you know if you can upload different bar files for BB10 and PlayBook? Or do we need to determine the device to adjust the rest?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

@jtegen This upgrade was about month ago, is there something new added?

@xvart You need to define different bundles, for example:

Bundle MyAppPlay, supported OS QNX, version 2.0, device PlayBook

Bundle MyApp10, supported OS QNX, min version 10, device All Touch

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

@QuiteSimple: Thanks. Did not want to mess up with the existing stuff, without asking.

Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

I read somewhere that they would also be segregating the reviews depending upon the Device, PlayBook and BB10 as well. Would it help? What are your thoughts on this?

New Developer
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I don't think so.

Developer

rick_b_9800 wrote:

I read somewhere that they would also be segregating the reviews depending upon the Device, PlayBook and BB10 as well. Would it help? What are your thoughts on this?

Well, it means a fresh start for everyone. No matter if you've been 3 years already there or you just start posting apps. IMO it is a good decision, I've seen a lot of crappy Playbook apps being ports of BBOS with hundred of positive reviews. The reviews are positive because of the BBOS version, but it doesn't mean that PlayBook or BB10 version is good enough.

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Developer

@QuiteSimple: When submitting packages for different devices. Do we need to change the package id while developing or package name while uploading. I did none and I guess now my app is playbook only...

Developer

@xvart you don't need to change anything. I for example change only the bundle name when uploading releases, so I can distinguish between sales of different releases. You only need to specify QNX, min ver 2.0 (or 2.1) for PlayBook and select supported device PlayBook, and specify QNX min ver 10.0 for BB10 and select supported device All Touch

Developer

@QuiteSimple: What happened to me was: I had to sign with a different version because of the signer did not allow. And when uploading I did not specify different bundle names (used my default bundle name), but I specified the correct devices and QNX versions for the different releases.

I do not have a development BB10 so I do not know if it is still there but when I look through the App World it saysThe supported devices are:

BlackBerry All Touch
BlackBerry Dev Alpha
BlackBerry PlayBook

But the Required Device Software:

Tablet: 2.0.0 or higher

I am just trying to be sure and safe.