Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790, Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: Koodo
Accepted Solution

Vendor Support

I'm having difficulty uploading a new version of my application to App World. I get the Package-ID is not the same error. I've tried contacting app world vendor support a couple times but I have not heard back from them. Does anyone know if this error can be fixed on my end? Or if there is someone I can call?

I have checked my signing keys and the name of my app - both are the same as the previously uploaded version.  I really wanna get this upgraded ASAP so I have a chance to go through the whole Built for BB certification prior to launch.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Vendor Support

You can check this yourself. Take the old .bar and the new one, unzip both, and compare the Package-Id fields in their respective MANIFEST.MF files. You should see what's wrong then. The new one has to match the old one, as the error message says.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor

I've gone through and checked that before. The Package-ID is definitely different betweeen the two version. I'm trying to figure out what is causing them to be different.

Also,

Package-Auther-Certificate-Hash and Package-Author-Id are different

Could this be an error after upgrading to the Gold SDK? I think I remember reading somewhere that if "Author-Id" is not included in the bar-descriptor file, the SDK will automatically generate one. Since I have not included "Author-Id" in either version perhaps the SDK is auto-generating two different Author-Id's and subsequently two different Package-Id's

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

The bar-descriptor values <author> and <authorId> are used for the relevant fields in the MANIFEST.MF file. If you make those match it should be fine.

You shouldn't have been able to sign with different author info, however, as far as I know. Are you using the same signing keys you had for the earlier one? If so, this would just be the package id that matters. That comes from the <id> field in the bar-descriptor.

In case it becomes important later, what SDK are you using? You say Gold, but I guess that could mean something other than the NDK. And do you use Momentics for all your packaging?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Regular Contributor

I discovered the problem. My other programmer had restored older signing keys insetad of the newer ones that were used for the app during it's first upload to App World. I've restored the proper signing keys and I've been able to upload a newer version of my app to App World. Thanks for your help.