Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9630
My Carrier: AT&T

Vendor's payment info

Hi,

Suppose I put an application on RIM store for recurring charges i.e per month billing. (This all is handeled by Blackberry Vendor Portal)

Someone downloads my app, registered with it and I get the first month payment. But after some time user disconnect the services with my app.

How do I get to know that which user has disconnected from the services?

This is because he still has an application installed on his device and can login into that by using registered username and password details and start using the app, but actually he is disconnected from the services for payment.

Please help me in this.Also let me know if you want some more explaination about this.
waiting for reply... 

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: Vendor's payment info

i dont know what you mean by disconnected.
how do you know he was disconnected?
if your application was using online connection why not making it check the user still on your database
Contributor

Thanks anditsung,

The disconnected means, we have our BB application available for monthly rental.
A user subscribe for application and after some time he don't want to continue with application.
So in this matter user will unsubscribe from app world and we will not receive the payment for further periods.

So my concern is the following:
1. Once the user unsubscribe, will the user has our application installed on their BB device or not?

2. If yes, how can we stop him to log in into our application with its registered user ID (This id present in our database)?

3. How can we link user's application log in ID (ID to which user registered with our application i.e "ABC") and blackberry ID (ID through which user downloaded our app i.e "XYZ")
If we can link these 2 ID then only we can check that the user is still on our database or not.

Developer

1. I dont have an application like that before. But if your application got cod then the app still exist on the device until it was deleted
2 & 3. I dont know how monthly app works. But on dynamical license, appworld will send the customer information to my server. If you got the database for your customer you could make login system online. Check if the email was in the database or not.
Contributor

Ok that seems good if we got the customer information from appworld.
Then again can we store this information on our DB?

Now suppose person downloads my application with appworld ID "ABC".
After that user registered to our application with ID "XYZ" and it is stored in our database for online login system.

How do we come to know the relation between id "ABC" and "XYZ"?
(Because appworld dosen't get any information about ID "XYZ")
Can we store this relationship in our DB to make online login system more authenticated?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Developer

Its up to you to store the information the data already been sent to you.
Where does this user xyz registered? You can ask the customer to input the id that download the app from appworld. If the user valid. Register id xyz
Contributor

Ok.

The id XYZ is the user's login id to our application.

We have a registration page in our application where user "ABC" can use "XYZ" as the different id to register.

And once user registered he/she can login into our application and start using it.

Thanks.

Developer

How do you know zyx already paid for the app? Cause everybody can register base on what you told me
Contributor

This is the whole point that how we come to know this???

if the user subscribe to appworld for paid version he shuold have to pay the quoted charges to app world.
Only after making payment, user is able to download the app on device and can start using it.

Once user downloads our app he has to registered with it and then he can login into it.

But the problem again comes for the linking of IDs.
Contributor

Hey,

I got one document and it is mentioned over their that we have to include payment api in our application if we need to launch paid version of application.

Is it really necessary to include the API of Payment_Service_SDK?