Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Re: Waiting for payment notice (Blackberry Port-a-thon)

Same situation as most, no email yet as to any rewards, besides the one from several weeks ago stating what I was eligble for.

The thing that I am unsure about is the fact that I had several apps originally denied. I resubmitted and all were approved, but am not sure  if they are registering in the system as resubmissions for the portathon -- that potentially could be the holdup, if the system is just waiting until Dec.23rd, thinking my denied apps weren't later accepted.

Or maybe they are backlogged, and it'll be a while longer before rewards are sent out. I just have the fear that  deadline will pass by, and for whatever reason I get partial rewards, because I didn't check off some little thingy when resubmitting, or something silly like that.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - Limited Edition
My Carrier: *

Don't know what is going wrong...

Today I got an email that my Blackberry 10 Dev and the Playbook were shipped.

The thing is that there are different companies who are responsible for the distribution of the rewards?

It would be very nice if someone could inform us when we'll receive the cash info mail.

I also participated on the last event and I wrote with the RIM support. It was told to me that someone would write me an email with more info about the cash email of the game port a thon event...there was none...

Best

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

grosssmutttr wrote:

The thing is that there are different companies who are responsible for the distribution of the rewards?

It would be very nice if someone could inform us when we'll receive the cash info mail.

I also participated on the last event and I wrote with the RIM support. It was told to me that someone would write me an email with more info about the cash email of the game port a thon event...there was none...

Best

If you had the read the original email that RIM had sent out you would have known the process.

RIM will deposite the money via paypal.

3rd party will ship you the dev and playbook.  You will get email like you did when it is shipped.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

grosssmutttr wrote:

At least you got an e-mail :/

Btw I wrote LouGazzola on twitter about this thread, still have to wait for a response...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: 2 Degrees NZ

I have written to him on twitter too.. asking about when to expect rewards etc... no response.. went quiet.. 

+Like this post, if you find it useful/helpful!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - Limited Edition
My Carrier: *

[ Edited ]

I read the emails and I wrote in this thread that I received an email for the dev alpha and playbook reward but NOT for the cash...even not in the spam folder...

Another strange fact is that the status of my apps "Built for BlackBerry" is "pending" over 2 weeks...

Retired
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey guys,

we're working through the results and have begun to contact participants.  It's effectively a two stage process.  you should have recieved a 'congrats you are eligible' email followed by a 'we have confirmed your apps have all met the criteria' email.  The later is just starting for the 'got game port-a-thon' and we expect to start the 'eligibility' email for the 'all aboard port-a-thon' this week.

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks,

Few things to hopefully clarify.  First we are working feverishly to get you your rewards and I want to thank everyone for their support and patience!

There was an email sent on Dec. 7'th that identified the reward category for which you qualified and the apps that were registered for the Got Game Port-A-Thon.

Then on the week of Dec 10'th, we took a snapshot of which apps were approved.  If you had all the apps that were registered approved, you will have received an email for your Cash and device (if applicable) rewards.

On Dec 17'th  23rd (fixed) we took another snapshot and if you had all your apps approved you will have received a rewards email.  Note that the cash reward emails may be delayed until tomorrow for some.

We'll take a final snapshot on Dec. 17'th.  If an app is not approved at that time we will not include that as rewards.  The reward emails will go out during the first week of January after the break.

Note that we're working with vendors to provide the Trip reward and communication on the trip will go out in  January, with lots of time to book and get visas if necessary.

Finally, we'll notify the winners of the draw on the first week of January as well.

Hope that helps clarify and rest assured we're doing everything we can to get the rewards to you asap.  

Cheers,
Lou from 

The BlackBerry Developer Program Team

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Thanks for the followup info.

The thing I am confused about is, all of my resubmissions were approved in the first week of December. So I would have thought that either the Dec. 10 or at the latest, the 17th, would have triggered the payment rewards email.

If it's just a delay until emails go out, that's fine of course. I'm not in a super rush or anything. I just wish there was a way to verify that my resubmissions/approvals all registered as... well, resubmissions/approvals. And did you mean the final snapshot is to be done the 23rd (you wrote the 17th)?  I thought the 23rd was the cutoff date.

I'm hoping it's just a normal delay in my case. Also hoping my email spam eater didn't get hungry and just eat up my emails.

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: BASE

Well, I received none of those official emails -.-