Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

Re: Waiting for payment notice (Blackberry Port-a-thon)

Why not show  event reward infomation in ventor portal ?

this time is "game port a thon"

Waiting for payment "all aboard port a thon" will be next topic....

Developer
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: 2 Degrees NZ

Looks like my App Port-a-thon apps are finally coming through slowly in review.. had 2 of 6 reviewed already.. 

Had to fix *hopefully* minor issues and re-submit.

Fingers crossed

+Like this post, if you find it useful/helpful!
Developer
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Please have time to wait bros! Even me I have not yet received any rewards. Just have patience. They are working on over 2000 apps from the Got Game Port a Thon and plus 4000 apps on the last All Aboard Port a Thon. They just need time.

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

uRe: Waiting for payment notice (Blackberry Port-a-thon)

Hi Lou,

*: Sry for this long post, but it should show how frustrating this is becoming

I'm in the same position as Geezio and others here, no mail at all. Also no mail on the 7'th. On Twitter, I also wrote you about this and you could confirm to me, that the apps showed up in your list, but nonetheless,  no notification, nothing in the spam folders, and if I hadn't written you, I guess I'd still be left in the dark. Like some other dev might be who doesn't use twitter or know about these forums :/

Which brings me next point: it is really disheartening to be left like that - at the end of November, on Twitter, we were told to be patient, wait a week - we did, some did in fact receive their mail, others didn't. Those who didn't were told to wait another week - again, some did receive mails, others didn't. And those who didn't get anything again, were told to be patient until the 17'th, so last Monday, and now this thread is growing Smiley Sad. Which is especially bad since in the original statement of the port-a-thon rules it said 'Games must be approved before 21st Dec.' or sth like that

My assumption is, that we all registered for the port correctly and uploaded our games correctly in the given timeframe, also having all games -as stated- made for BB10 or ported them to BB10. Can't you even tell us what's wrong? It's a good thing you guys are working feverishly until shortly before the holidays, but I'm guessing you also get flooded with mails from ppl who got some of their mails already but still having questions, and also about the all-aboard-portathon and the next one(s). You know, if we won't even get a mail in the first week of Jan, as you say, it will mean we were not eligible and won't get rewards for doing everything we were supposed to as well as believing in BlackBerry. Which is already hard already as a Dev these days :/

Lastly, thank you for answering at all. And being available on twitter. I will stay more silent for now, let's see what happens until January, ......

pyth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: BASE

Thanks pyth for your long post! You brang all my concerns to paper.

I have in sum 12 approved apps, took hours of my time in developing that stuff all alone (like i guess 99% of all devs here) and no answers from BB.

It Is even more frustrating, because i have already had a long "fight" with BB to get my free playbook after one of their "submit an app and receive a playbook" - actions. I had to wait more than 5 months. I wrote 20 times to the Support until they acted.

This shall not mean that you guys do no good Job, but the devs need more Information to still believe in BB.

Cheers Geezio
Trusted Contributor
My Device: dev alpha playbook 9500 8300
My Carrier: uc

无标题.png

We all need the "Event Tracking " menu in the BBAW.

is it  hard for RIM ?

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: BASE

What is the Event Tracking Menu? Cannot see your image.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Hi Lou and MSohm,

I got the email on the 7th but not any after that.  And I'm worried because I just noticed that the email said:

Here is the list of apps which are eligible for rewards:
      87767 Solo Dungeon Bash 13-FEB-12 03.48

But this is not the version of the app I submitted for the Game-a-thon!  It is an earlier failed attempt to port to the Playbook.  The correct one submitted on November 17th.  It took a really long time to be approved and in that time I discovered bugs.  So I uploaded a new, fixed version on December 4th and that version was approved for  Appworld on December 10th. 

So it should still be eligble right?  Is there anyone I can contact to ensure they are reviewing the right version?

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

The idea for event tracking in the developer menu is an excellent one, in my opinion -- assuming RIM plans future events/promotions of some sort. It is also the logical place that rewards info could be sent, seeing as lots of people are finding their rewards emails in their spam folder, or not at all.

An email address or some place to report discrepancies or problems with the event tracking data may be helpful too.

I think most people (or at least myself) who post in threads like this aren't really upset with any delays, as I am sure there are tons of apps to go through. It's just confusion as to whether our apps have registered properly as being eligible, or they are seeing discrepancies between what was submitted, and what apps are showing up as eligible. In my case, I'm just wondering if there is anything else I am supposed to do/contact/whatever after resubmitting my apps for approval after getting initally denied -- all were approved, but no folowup rewards emails. Event tracking/rewards info in the developer menu may clear some of these issues up, at least down the road, if such events are held again.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

@poornamelessme please check your spam folder

Then if it's not there email BlackBerryDeveloperProgram with your App World Vendor email.

We'll look it up and ensure you get your rewards.