Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Waiting period for application review process...

in the vendor portal guidelines, you will see the following:

1. On the vendor web site for the BlackBerry App World™ storefront, the vendor pays the registration fee to RIM through PayPal and then submits membership request.
  2. RIM approves or rejects the membership request and sends the vendor an email message.

If RIM approves the membership request, the vendor can start adding applications to BlackBerry App World. If RIM rejects the membership request, the email message includes a reason and the registration fee is refunded.

1. What is the waiting period from membership submission to application approval/rejection?

2. If the application is rejected, and proper corrections have been made, and the user submits again, is the waiting period the same as above?

3. if our application requires a license other than STATIC, what is the waiting period for that as well.

we are just wanting to schedule our rollouts with the waiting period in mind.

thank you.

My Device: storm
My Carrier: bouygues

Re: Waiting period for application review process...

Sorry but I can't be really precise on those questions, but this might help you out a bit..

When you create your vendors account it only takes a few days to get an answer back, if you are refused and decide to reregister it will take the same time..

When you put an app in app world, it normally takes between 1 and 2 weeks to get an answer but it can vary quite a lot and go up to one month or so (depending on how effecient RIM testing teams are!).

Hope this helped

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Smart

Re: Waiting period for application review process...

one to two weeks?!

Unlike in the Android Market, it only takes hours to approve your application.