Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Want to earn 100$ or more? Well yes I did

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Three

Personally I've come to the conclusion Blackberry will not be paying me for the hard work I've done submitting the apps I have had more e mails and seen more posts than I care to mention saying your problem will be sorted, thanks for your patience, we are busy, its christmas etc ultimately its pathetic that a multi million pound company should treat its developers so shabbily my Android apps have been downloaded a quarter of a million times I am no fly by night developer I submitted these Blackberry apps on the basis that it was a fair deal for the amount of work it required. Now I realise I won't be getting the rewards and the fact that this forum is littered with similar posts saying people haven't received the emails shows me all I really needed to know about Blackberry. I won't be supporting Blackberry in the future or doing any further development on the platform

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Chill, eh?

Hard work submitting Android apps? Like 5 minutes using the online packager?

You'll get your reward, don't worry, RIM always pays what is promised, and this is not the first promotion running. How many devs are complaining about not receiving rewards? 10? 20? From 600 (last port-a-thon there were 1000 developers actually). Event of this scale always have glitches, and they are sorted one after another (yes, personal experience, my cash email came 3 weeks later)

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kid992,

Reviewing your 11 posts in the forum here from last March and this current thread, you've never been happy developing apps for BlackBerry.

Personally, I see you've come to many inexplicable conclusions.

It was Christmas. They have been busy (there's sorta big launch coming up, if you haven't heard) and there are literally thousands (nay, tens of thousands) of new apps and developers both developing and porting apps to AppWorld.

My bet is you will be paid the promised bonus and my bet is that you won't be dropping back by to update us or let us know that you have been paid.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

J Sanders thank you for your post

I see you are a resident expert you appear to get that title by posting a lot several times in this thread in fact your first post pointed me to a different port a thon than this thread refers to - maybe a little less posting and a little more reading required on the posts on which you comment?

Your last post was "Thanks Shelby for clearing that up!" how insightful what do you think he's actually cleared up? A lot of your posts seem to say I guess or I bet well no need really if you look through this thread you will see I have constantly updated it whenever I have had contact with Blackberry by email or through posts. Rest assured I will let everyone know when and if  Blackberry pay me any money and for how many apps that I submitted.

This post refers to a port a thon that took place TWO months ago. The thread is one month old and my issue is no nearer being resolved that's why I've come to the conclusion that a lot of developers here won't be paid. As pointed out previously there are a lot of people with similar issues.

Absolutely right that my experience of BB development has not been great but who's fault is that I've delivered my end of the deal and BB haven't. They can say they are busy they can say its Xmas  (yes it happens every year!) but at the end of the day BB needs customers and it needs developers and at the moment it doesn't have enough of either so p*ssing off a lot of developers (who are often customers as well) ain't the greatest of ideas days before your make and break OS is launched. History shows that it's companies that look after the smaller things and the smaller people who invariably prosper those that don't through either incompetence or by design invariably fail 

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Yet another in a series of whiney, complaining posts.

We get it. You've not been happy with BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: Bell

We appreciate both the kind words of support and understand the frustrations from those of you who are awaiting payment. As we have noted before, we will honor all agreements we made during the port-a-thons. We have tried to answer your queries as quickly as possible and reiterate that this proces is far more complex than us dropping $100 in a pay pal account once apps are approved. we need to take many steps and precautions to ensure all rewards are distributed fairly and securly. That is our top prioroty and will continue to be. Our committment to you is unwaivering and again i would like to reiterate that all who qualify will be getting rewards as promised.

If you have further questions about your individual submissions, please do email us so we can confirm the status. BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com

Shelby

Contributor

OK Shelby I'll take you at your word despite the fact I have e mailed that address several times before and the issue remains unresolved I will give it one more go. Here's the exact e mail I am e mailing you in the next 5 minutes I will happily update this post to let everyone know how long it takes to get a response and resolution

Dear Shelby

Further to your post below on the Blackberry App World developer Forum today Jan 17 I am writing again to ask that you would kindly inform me which apps that I submitted to you are eligible for rewards under the port a thons on November 28 and Devember 14. I have sent all the details several times already to this email address so you should have all the information to be able to tell me which of them are eligible for rewards and which are not(they were all submitted during the port a thons and all approved). I believe the emails from Milestone have both gone out regarding these port a thons informing other developers of which apps qualified for rewards. I would merely like to be treated the same way.I don't wish to be treated any differently than anyone else

regards

We appreciate both the kind words of support and understand the frustrations from those of you who are awaiting payment. As we have noted before, we will honor all agreements we made during the port-a-thons. We have tried to answer your queries as quickly as possible and reiterate that this proces is far more complex than us dropping $100 in a pay pal account once apps are approved. we need to take many steps and precautions to ensure all rewards are distributed fairly and securly. That is our top prioroty and will continue to be. Our committment to you is unwaivering and again i would like to reiterate that all who qualify will be getting rewards as promised.

If you have further questions about your individual submissions, please do email us so we can confirm the status. BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com

Shelby