01-07-2013 02:48 PM
This article explains what to do:
01-09-2013 05:52 AM
I too had signing keys issue (Diff registered for same app ), Requested to Approval for clear my Product ID now My id are Cleared For some Apps ... so IS IT NECESSARY TO CREATE NEW PRODUCT OR SHALL I SUBMIT TO SAME PRODUCT AS USUAL IN THE SAME APP NAME
01-09-2013 10:39 AM
If you had your package ID cleared by the App World Vendor Management Support team you can upload your BAR file in the same product.
01-09-2013 11:18 AM
OK Great Bar must be Zip Before Submit ? and i will Submit all Files Today Hope Approved as Soon as Possible
01-09-2013 11:19 AM
No, you can upload the bar file without zipping. Zipping is for BlackBerry OS 7.x and lower apps, which have multiple files.
01-13-2013 04:43 PM - edited 01-13-2013 05:49 PM
I have a bit tricky situation, so I want to know my further steps and how much of things I did wrong.
So, I have a PalyBook app signed with some old keys.
First bad thing - I had no time for frequent updates for it (app is free and was developed as a pet project) and so - I forgot a signing keys password. Now, having new signing key, I can't upload a new bundle as "Package ID do not match.." (of course).
Now, I'm still lazy enough, and to be in time for 10K Commitment offer I ported an app to BB10 and tried to upload it to the same app in vendor portal (on Jan 11, of course - that's 2nd bad thing I done), and while no time for workaround with App World support to reset Package ID I created a new app for BB10, and so, it's uploaded with same App ID, but new keys, and so - new Package ID. Also, I posted a request to reset Package ID for PlayBook app.
And now, the trickiest part:
1. I have app1 (say, app.id1), with PackageID1. Package ID reset is requested.
2. I have app2 (same app.id1), with PackageID2.
3. After the PackageID1 will be reset, I'll upload a new bundle of app1 with PackageID2 (as app ID and signing keys are the same).
4. Technically, it's the same App ID and Package ID, but in Vendor Portal/App World Storefront app1 and app2 are registered under different Product ID's.
After PackageID1 reset I'm planning to merge apps into a single application (app1 has good enough feedback).
1. What will happen with updates of app2?
2. Can I "merge" app2 into app1 without losing 10K Commitment offer?
3. What if app2 will be approved for 10K Commitment and I still have a time before a deadline (Jan 21) to mobe a .bar from app2 to app1 - will the approved bar file still go thru entire verification procedure again?
Will be very thankful for clarification. And even knowing I'm not a best developer, I'm sure there are still others that may get the same situation.
01-14-2013 11:07 AM
Sounds like you'll only have 1 AppID based on what you described above with app.id1. If we flush the PackageID, you'll be able to upload a new BAR file with any PackageID to that AppID.
All this is happening under the same AppID, unless I have missed something there would be no need to merge apps.
You might need to clarify if I missed the logic
01-14-2013 11:17 AM
01-14-2013 11:47 AM
Perfect, thanks. The terminology re-use of AppID was the stem of the confusion.
Ok, 2 products in App World. Unfortuantely not We can't merge them, no.
Because they are under different App World AppIDs with the same PackageID, you'll run into a problem of having to get the PackageID flushed from the other app every time you want to update them both.