Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 2.3
My Carrier: Free

Re: What to do if your Package ID has been rejected by BlackBerry App World

Hi,

Well I was confronted to this problem because of the necessary id tag for the config.xml of BB10 (QNX). Fixed it Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Mark,

Thanks for the great post. Kindly allow me to add a helpful hint.

IMPORTANT: One more thing to keep in mind. When you build the upgrade, make sure that you keep the package zip file name exactly the same as the original build zip file.

For e.g. when you first built the app, if zip file name was mortgageCalculator.zip the upgrade should be the same as well. Not MortgageCalculator.zip. Otherwise the Package-Id: will change. The zip file name is case sensitive as well.

I know this topic has been out for a while now and I face a similar situation a few days ago. I have a PlayBook app that needed to be upgraded. Since I moved on to BB OS10 development and new signing keys, I ran into the very same problem of upgrade rejected by the App store.

Ok I checked out the Developer Support Forums and followed all the procedures described in these postings namely restoring the original keys and reverting to the original App name. But I was still facing the same problem of my update being rejected by the App store.

All along I mistakenly assumed that the App name (package name) was defined in the config.xml file. e.g.

<name>Mortgage Calculator</name>

I even used the original config.xml file that I had saved. More frustration but not luck.

What I failed to realize is that the package name is the zip file name.

Finally after many painstaking hours of comparisons and windiffs did I realized that I had a slight difference in the .zip file name - original app - mortgageCalculator.zip. Incorrect upgrade app MortgageCalculator.zip

Again, the important thing is to keep the zip file name exactly the same.

I know we all tend to forget things over time and I wanted to save others the same traps and frustrations!

Good Luck

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

PawelGorny wrote:

I am not sure if I work properly. I have found that SDK for Tablet and for BB10 behave in different way.

So:

I create an application, in config.xml I put the ID like id="NAME".

When I compile the application using Tablet SDK I receive a .bar file, in which - if I decompress/open it - I see in Manifet that application id is like NAME123ab45ef...... (some hash is added)

Now when I compile this same application in BB10 SDK hash is not added -> appId are different -> I cannot upload them to AppWorld

So, my solution is: first I compile for tablet, I get app Id with hash (extracted from .bar file), set that new ID as a ID in config.xml for BB10, and compile new config.xml using BB10 SDK.

This way both .bar files has this same APP ID in Manifest and both fiels are accepted in AppWorld.

My case is similar to PawelGorny's but in reverse order:

I have a BB10 app in BlackBerry World already, the Package-Name is TouchSudoku.

Now I am trying to make it available on PlayBook, the Package-Name generated is TouchSudoku<some hash>.

So the Package-Id is not match, and of course it's been rejected by BlackBerry World.

Is there a way to fix this issue without creating a new Product?

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I managed to solve this issue myself by hacking the WebWorks-TabletOS to not create the hash for the Package-Name.

Now my Touch Sudoku for PlayBook is accepted by BlackBerry World!

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

Hello

My app was recently denied that was supoosedly ver 2.0 of my app however 1.0 ver of the app is still pending approval i'd like to release ver 1.0 from the approval process back to draft so that i can resubmit it how can i do this as there is no option to release the version from pending approval status.

My tickets are 2693947 and 2693946 The status for the tickets is Open i'd like to close them.

Would someone be able to help me because i've asked though the vendor support page and am not sure where to look for a reply ....?

Thanks

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

PlayBookDave, please start a new thread for your question.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Fido

Will do that.

New Contributor
My Device: n/a

DavidHan wrote:

I managed to solve this issue myself by hacking the WebWorks-TabletOS to not create the hash for the Package-Name.

Now my Touch Sudoku for PlayBook is accepted by BlackBerry World!

Could you please share how you did this? I'm sure it'd save a lot of people time and frustration.

New Contributor

You need to be comfortable with building WebWorks SDK for TabletOS.

1. Clone the source from https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-TabletOS

2. In packager\src\net\rim\tumbler\airpackager\AirPackager.java, change the last line of method

private static String genMD5Hash(String widgetName)

from

return packageHash;

to

return "";

3. Build the SDK, you have a new bbwp.jar in target/bin

4. Backup your old bbwp.jar in your SDK under bbwp/bin, replace it with the new bbwp.jar

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: n/a

DavidHan wrote:

You need to be comfortable with building WebWorks SDK for TabletOS.

1. Clone the source from https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-TabletOS

2. In packager\src\net\rim\tumbler\airpackager\AirPackager.java, change the last line of method

private static String genMD5Hash(String widgetName)

from

return packageHash;

to

return "";

3. Build the SDK, you have a new bbwp.jar in target/bin

4. Backup your old bbwp.jar in your SDK under bbwp/bin, replace it with the new bbwp.jar

Good luck!

Ah, excellent! You can also patch the populateAppId function so that it simply returns widgetNameForAppId. 

It's worth noting that you need to be on the "Next" branch to find the appropriate code.

Thanks!