Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Where are they on the backlog? Report submission dates of recent approvals.

I haven't seen much in the way of useful reports on approvals lately. I'm getting antsy for an approval of the BB10 version of Battery Guru, which was submitted Feb 13.

Please report on the submission date (and name, if you wish) of your most recently submitted app which has since been approved (or rejected, since that means they at least vetted it).

I know many apps submitted in the last hours of the final portathon have been reviewed now. How far past that have they gotten?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Where are they on the backlog? Report submission dates of recent approvals.

In reverse cronilogical order:

Submitted an update for an approved PlayBook App March 4th (still pending (but its only been a day so far))

Submitted an update for an approved BB10 App Feb. 17th, Approved Feb 24th

Submitted a new BB10 App Jan 20th, Approved Feb 13th

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Developer
My Device: Z10 and 32GB Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Apps i'm waiting to be approved:

1: Submitted May 08, 2012 10:43:24: Status: 90 - Waiting on Test House

2: Submitted Jan 19, 2013 10:34:29: Status: New

3: Submitted Jan 19, 2013 05:16:48: Status: Been denied, fixed release submitted Feb 26, 2013 10:09:20; Status now: New

I have 3 more apps to submit (1 PB, 1 BB10 and 1 BBOS 5+) but I'm waiting until the current nes have been actioned as I don't want them to get missed as is obviously the case with the one submitted in May 2012!!!!

Its a good job I don't rely on this revenue stream!

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

The testing team is working hard to keep up with the current pace of submissions and make ground on the backlog. We appreciate all your patience during this time.

If any applications are pending for over 3 weeks and you feel they may have been missed please reach out to us for support at that time.

Bryan Van Engelen

BlackBerry World

powerfully,
Bryan Van Engelen
BlackBerry World
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

[ Edited ]

Hi Bryan,

I have an app submitted Jan. 26, almost 6 weeks ago, still pending review. I don't know how to reach out for support as you suggested? Do you want me to send an email to some email address? I've sent one to blackberrydeveloperprogram@rim.com to no avail.

Thank you,

Alex

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

TechMark2K, you can use a Private Message in this forum. Just be sure to include your app id. If you don't know what that is, you can find it in the vendor portal as the first field on the page when you Edit your product entry (click on the pencil icon next to it in the Manage Products list).

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Thank Peter.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

g0ehu wrote:

Apps i'm waiting to be approved:

1: Submitted May 08, 2012 10:43:24: Status: 90 - Waiting on Test House

There is no way to spin a 10 month wait as anything other than ridiculous.

Anyone trying to blow you off with a pre-emptive "thank you for your patience" for a situation like that

is in reality saying "take a hike; we don't care about you or about how well our processes work."

There needs to be some upper limit of time spent waiting on test house beyond which approvals are dumped in the lap of an accountable human at BlackBerry World, with direct email correspondence between BlackBerry and the developer, until whatever issues are holding up approval are resolved.

Why is this the case?  Because if BlackBerry wants developers who are serious about developing a software business, their processes need to support that.  Ten months is basically forever in mobile software.

Ten month approval times are a non starter.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

peter9477 wrote:

Please report on the submission date (and name, if you wish) of your most recently submitted app which has since been approved (or rejected, since that means they at least vetted it).

My most recently submitted app which is approved was submitted on Jan 12 and approved on Feb 20.

Contributor
My Device: playbook

Bryan

How do you propose we reach out to support in order to tell you about apps over 3 weeks old. W have a number dating back to January 15th, many over 3 weeks old, we have used the vendor support ticket twice. This has been ignored twice.