Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Will the BB10 app world and playbook app world be the same?

Are they two totally different things? If I submit my app for BB10 phones, this does not change the existing version on the playbook app world right?

Although assuming it will all be merged eventually, I suppose I should make the new BB10 version of the app capable of running on playbook, including the playbook screens as well?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Will the BB10 app world and playbook app world be the same?

When you submit a bundle, you can target the new release to a single device or OS, or multiple devices or OSes. Actually: go try it! You don't have to actually click "submit" at the very end, so it's easy to explore and see what your options are.

Anyway, no, submitting a BB10 version doesn't affect what the PlayBook gets/sees.

For now, don't invest much time supporting the PlayBook screen, since it's probably at least a couple of month before we get even a beta of BB10 on the PlayBook. Things are changing so quickly that you'd certainly have to redo the work. Just my opinion...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor
My Device: playbook 16 gig
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Will the BB10 app world and playbook app world be the same?

thanks a lot!