Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: E-Plus

Wrong minimum OS selected

Hello

I ported my Android App to Playbook and submitted it. 

Today  I checked the options again and saw that I selected minmum OS 1.0 .

Now I checked if my app runs on the 1.0.1 Simulator.

->  Smiley Sad  (no)

It isn´t possible to change the minimum OS option so I don´t know what to do.

Cause I want the free playbook I dont want to wait until the app gets declined cause this will not be before the 13. feb. I think. "Waiting on Test House" how long will it take than?

Should  I just wait or make another request for "another app" with the  same name?

Max

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Wrong minimum OS selected

Just fix the problem, make a new build, and add it as a new release on the existing app.

When you make a new build, you'll have to increase the version number by 1 (or make some change to it) in order to sign again, or the server will reject the signing attempt.

Lastly, it's not likely urgent... at least in the previous "free PlayBook" offer, minor issues like this resulted in a conditional approval provided you resubmitted with the fix.

Don't create a new app entry! No need for that. Just a new release.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for posting this - I made the same mistake, and made a new build and added the release.

Developer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Actually you shouldn't even need to resign the code. Just upload the same Bar file and set the minimum version correctly in this version.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Ebscer is right, if the minimum version you didn't set correctly is the one in the "release bundle".  I thought possibly you were referring to the entry in your bar-descriptor.xml file (or blackberry-tablet.xml file) which looks like this:

<platformVersion>2.0.0.0</platformVersion>

If you'd wanted to change that from something else, or add it when it was missing, you'd need to re-sign.

(Now that I'm thinking of this, however, I don't know why you'd need the above when the vendor portal already appears to let you specify a minimum version.  Would the "platformVersion" entry above ever actually get used?  I don't know.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!