Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

customer complaint re App World

A potential? customer emailed me today regarding an issue they had with App World from the PlayBook.  They said that they purchased my App, they were properly charged on their credit card and then a message came up saying  "there is a problem downloading the application."  Apparently they then spoke with BlackBerry who spent an hour on the phone with them trying to diagnose the problem.  I eventually received an email from the customer AND an email from BlackBerry Customer Support saying that a customer was attempting to contact me for service. I have since emailed back-and-forth with the customer, but have been unable to resolve the problem.  According to my Vendor Portal report, there was no download/purchase when she said she did it, yet she has confirmation from the credit card company that Digital River charged her.  The date/time of the possible transaction was 6pm eastern on May 11.  I would be happy to give the person my app for free simply because I believe that they did indeed purchase it, but I have no way to do so.

Has anyone else had a problem/complaint similar to the above? ie a customer saying they were charged, but did not download successfully?

Also, there is no record within their MyAppWorld section of having my app - neither installed, uninstalled nor unavailable.

I am particularly troubled because:

- BlackBerry told her the problem was with the app vendor - I have no control over the App World, so clearly the issue is not mine.

- sales of my apps were 0 on May 11, dropping from a steady pace prior to that, and now back up to normal again on May 12; is it possible that other purchases on May 11 were charged by Digital River but did not go through to App World??

- as a separate note, I have still not been able to make a purchase of an App on my PlayBook, despite trying 2 valid credit cards AND a valid paypal address.  How many other people are out there, who, like me, are not able to purchase products?

...Jim

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: customer complaint re App World

I have had a few emails that pertain to downloading the app after purchase. Typically I have them uninstall the app and then reinstall the app and that seems to have cleared up the problems that I know about.
New Developer
My Device: PlayBook tablet
My Carrier: none

I couldn't set my paypal for the app world from the Playbook so I used my PC to set my account on the app world web and solved it.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

This has happened regularly for a long time.  If they can confirm the sale (forward a receipt) I send them a download link, or else send them to the App World support form.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Claro

Hi there,

Yes, I have experienced the same issue. Purchased an app and my credit card was immediately charged. After contacting the vendor, Solver Labs, I was instructed to contact app world. Approximately 4 months later they have ignored my aplication forms to be refunded. After two months got one email back from app world customer service saying to contact my service provider. Replied back that since app world charged my credit card directly, they would have to investigate on their end. Still have not heard back. The app never worked. If a smaller company tried this it would be called a scam or straight up theft. Charge people for an app and never respond when they do not get what they paid for. It was only a few dollars and it was my final test to decide before returning to using a berry or switching to an iphone or samsung, After this experience, refuse to shell out the money for any new berry. On a similar note I investaged an error downloading another app. After researching the app world knowledge base, they show it as an outstanding issue since approximately 2011 with no recent update.

Contributor
My Device: RIM BlackBerry 9900 and BlackBerry Z10

Hi, I have the issue as well. I purchased an App for PlayBook and the app started to download. When the download completed and the 'Install' process kicked off the message said that there was a problem installing the application and that I should try later. I did but the application never installed and materialized. You are not alone.
BlackBerry Bold 9900, Blackberry Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook.