Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: TMO

dynamic licensing on 4.2 platform, aka vagaries of CodeModuleGroup, yet again

I have an app that is approved and supports 4.3, 4.5, and 4.6. It runs fine on my 4.2/8100 pearl, as long as license checking is turned off, but the license process does not work. I have read the other threads about CodeModuleGroup and 4.2 on this forum, but they do not specifically address what I am seeing.

I can download the app OTA to my 4.2 platform and step through the registration code with the debugger. The same code that runs on the other platforms successfully finds the CodeModuleGroup and writes the appworld key property to the group. However, the property is not persisted across application invocations.

Questions:

Does dynamic licensing with App World work on the 4.2 platform?

If so how, or what is the best practice for dynamic licensing on 4.2? At this point, I am pretty sure it is not CodeModuleGroup, unless I have to use Blackberry JDE to add the property during the build process? I have not tried that, as I am focused on Eclipse with the Blackberry plug in.

Is there a 4.2 API reference somewhere? This forum is great and has been very helpful to me, but it is not exactly a definitive resource for API support. Having said that, thank you all very much for all the excellent support you provide here.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: dynamic licensing on 4.2 platform, aka vagaries of CodeModuleGroup, yet again

For the api reference, I use this one here:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.2.1api/index.html

Contributor

Re: dynamic licensing on 4.2 platform, aka vagaries of CodeModuleGroup, yet again

Hi again,

Sorry if I maybe didn't  understand fully.  Are you not able to read the license key with code like shown here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Dynamic-Licensing-Clarificat...

Regards, Posri

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: TMO

moobanposrisuk,

Perhaps you did not see this in my original post.

"The same code that runs on the other platforms successfully finds the CodeModuleGroup and writes the appworld key property to the group. However, the property is not persisted across application invocations."

On 4.2, the app finds the CodeModuleGroup, writes the property, reads it back to display in a success dialog, but upon restart of the application, no such property exists in the code module group.

Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry about that, I'm of no use on this then.  Do post if you find out.  Smiley Happy