Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 8520

1. What languages does BlackBerry App World support?
    The BlackBerry App World client supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Additional languages will be added in future releases.
  2. Can I sell non-English applications on BlackBerry App World?
    Yes, you can sell non-English applications on BlackBerry App World. Once you specify the languages supported by your application, you’ll be required to provide application descriptions and application releases (file bundles and/or COD files) that support those languages. To provide a consistent experience to end users, all content on BlackBerry App World is required to be in English.Learn about localizing BlackBerry device applications

"To provide a consistent experience to end users, all content on BlackBerry App World is required to be in English."

i just read this issue. this means that i have to code my app in my language and also in english?

this application only works in this country and the language here is spanish not english. why should i need an english version?

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: language

i don't think you need an english version. just make sure to select the right Countries when uploading your application, and make the first description in english, and then in spanish. in english (so RIM can know what it's about) but if the original languages of the Countries you are choosing to show your app is Spanish, then it shows the spanish Smiley Wink 

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I am submitting my app, is it common to submit an english application available in all countries or should I be selecting N.A. only?
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

I wouldn't let language be a reason to release one version in only some countries. You never know who might live where, and still prefer to view their apps in a paticular language.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

All my apps support only English (description, UI, etc.), I always post them for all countries. Users, who buy the apps, are from all over the world. If someone is able to read your app description he/she would be able to use the app as well Smiley Happy

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry