Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook, storm, curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

need help please

[ Edited ]

I uploaded two apps that use similar code to other apps that are approved, I received an email from the app world approval teams saying the apps do not work.  I have tested them on a simulator and on a device  and like the other apps that are approved they work fine.

The tester needs to click on the icon for it to work. There is an icon on the first page.

The BlackBerry Smartphone 8520 uses OS5 and I have tested the apps on a phone running OS5. The simulator says it requires a java file but the app runs and installes just fine on OS5 devices.

Like I said, these apps are based on two other apps that are already approved for these devices.

Here is the denied email I received.   Both apps were tested by the same person.

----

Please fix the following issue(s) and resubmit your application as a new release. 

While installing on the BlackBerry Smartphone 8520, cod files user notices the error message as “Error: file is not a valid Java cod file“ . 
Steps to Reproduce: 
1. Wipe the Handheld. 
2. Install the application using Java loader. 
3. Launch the application. 
4. Notice that the application fails to launch and the above mentioned error message is displayed. 

I am testing your application on the BlackBerry Smartphones 9300, 9330, 9350, 9360, 9800, 9810, 9850 and 9860. The application stuck on first page, it fails to launch. 

Once these issue(s) have been corrected I will be able to complete the necessary steps that will allow this application to be posted in BlackBerry App World. If at any time you have questions regarding the above issue(s) please don’t hesitate to contact us at BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com or visit http://developer.blackberry.com/forums for technical support. 

Please help.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Re: need help please

Hi AD5KO,

Can you provide the App Name, or Ticket # that was denied?  Will help us track down exactly what was done.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ryan, thank you for replying to my post.

The ticked numbers are 710772  and 708710.   I thought perhaps the files had become corrupted when I uploaded them. So I have uploaded them again, after testing them in a simulator and on a device running OS5.

Thanks,

Andrew

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ryan,  

Thanks for all your help. The apps have been approved.

Andrew