Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

no SKU sent for dynamic license model

Hi,

as per this link: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/20374/Hosting_your_virtual_goods_1254378_11.js...

SKU should be sent to our server to get the license key.

however, the SKU is not sent. At leastnot when i hit the test button on the vendor portal.

is the sku test when i do a real purchase? then wat would be the point of the test button?

if this is a bug, do you know any good workaround? i have tryed adding ?sku=mySKU to the URL but wit no succes with the test function

thanks

Developer
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: no SKU sent for dynamic license model

if you need to define the application you could check the product and version. with this you could determined which kind of application and version that the user purchased
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: no SKU sent for dynamic license model

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Isn't the product value the name of the product? It it is so, that it gets a bit complicated.

First of all i will need to change my server code each time I support another language because the name gets translated as well. Then I have to make sure names are unique, which might be a bit difficult if you have a lot of similar products.

However it is really bad that the documentation states one thing and the reality is different. This should not happen on a mature platform such as BlackBerry.

Regards,

Alex