Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: "Vendor account status is disabled. "

By the way, does anyone know when we find out if we're getting the Playbook?

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

I'm also approved  Smiley Happy  yesterday (it only took 1 day actually)

Does "theme" count as an App?

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/playbook_offer2012.jsp

When do the free PlayBooks ship? How long does this shipping take?When you’re app is approved, we will send you an email to enter your shipping information. We then pick and pack your BlackBerry PlayBook and send you an email with the tracking number.

sounds like, in the end you need the app to be approved for the Playbook to be shipped?

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: virgin

yeah,

I think you are right.... it maybe the case that the app must be approved.

It's fair enough, as far as they give me the chance of doing that.

I don't know how this market works: I hope if my apps is rejected they tell me the reason why it is, and then I can fix the problems for further consideration... and still don't loose the tablet.

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Wind

I'm also waiting for my account to be verified. I must say that I'm quite disappointed with the process. After looking around the forums it seems like there is a lack of automation when getting things onto the market. I haven't even received the first email asking me for my ID, and after I do receive it and send out my ID, it will probably be too late for the promotion by the time I get verified because the people reviewing accounts probably don't work on weekends. I initially signed up for the Playbook promotion thinking that it would be good to try my hands at learning a new platform with the added benefit of getting a free Playbook to develop on and all I had to do was repackage some of my Android applications. If I miss the promotion I'm not even going to bother with app world because I have no motivation to buy a new device just so I can run my own applications.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

It takes long, so they can verify that we are humans that signed up, not machines.
Developer
My Device: Not specified

I think the reason is not it. Just add chapca if the aim to ensure we human or machine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
lsj
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Free

I was asked for ID to register. I got that request after about 24 hours.

I submitted my ID and got accepted after about 48 hours.

That was this week.

Hopefully that will give people an idea of timings.

A friend registered and was not asked for ID. Her registration was approved in about 24 hours.

I thought everyone needed ID, but it appears not. Maybe only people selling paid apps need ID? Dont know the criteria.

New Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

Only people who filled out the paypal require an ID i think, i didn't.

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: Play

[ Edited ]

My problem on the other hand is that i did recieve confirmation of Approval but I simply can not login on the vendor site, I'd tried using "recover my password" link but no email is ever delivered....and it is showing "Invalid Username or Password" . Tried writing to support, they haven't answered yet, and my aplication is awaiting ....

Any ideas what should I do ? 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi Pav3los,

If you received an Approval email but are unable to login, or your don't receive and email when using the 'Forgot Password' options, then the email address you are using is incorrect. 

Can you provide me your Vendor name so I ca give you the correct login name?