Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: WiFi

Re: reports not working again

Not working. Tried all kind of voodoo magic including three different browsers, clearing cookies, login at midnight, waiting for the full moon...

Maybe I need to get a voodoo doll of the vendor portal developer...

"When you become a level 3 developer, you learn to communicate over the ether. I'm told that level 5 developers are ascend into a higher level of existence beyond the physical realm." gord888 @ crackberry
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Still not working.  

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Developer

Didn't work 10 minutes ago, worked fine now. wow...this is so frustrating. (scream)

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: 6156694164

What's the deal with reporting?  I can't seem to get anything to work.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

It seems like the download reports are down more ofthen than they are working. This issue has irked me since I started developing for Blackberry. 

How is it that RIM has taken something so simple, and turned it in to something so error-prone, bloated, time consuming, and user unfriendly.

Why can a company like Mobihand, which is many times smaller than RIM do such a better job with their vendor portal? 

The developers have been saying we need better download reports for years. If RIM really cares about attracting and maintaining developers, they should do something about this.

Don't get me wrong, I still love developing for Blackberry, but the portal has been a massive headache since day 1

It really is confusing and soooo frustrating to get reports one hour and then down the next. Happens daily, hour by hour, you really never know when you're going to get any data.

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha A
My Carrier: -

Same here "Some error occured while generating repor."

Using Chrome (Language: German)

Bug 1: I can't generate reports in the Appworld portal for developers for my Playbook App. The process takes a few seconds and then shows the error message "Some error occured while generating repor."

Bug 2: You have a mistake in the error message (missing t at the end, see quote above).
Bug 3: The whole reporting process is a usability nightmare.
I have only 1 App why do I have to select it in the list?
Why do I have to reselect the product(s) for a modified report generation?
Why don't I get a total number of the sales in US$ shown in addition to the graph (No, I don't want to download a report and count those in excel together. No I don't upload to 3rd party websiete to do this)?
Why can't I get this report sent each day/week/month automatically via email (I have to login each time and go through the same boring process right now)?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Three Mobile

dans wrote:

Bug 2: You have a mistake in the error message (missing t at the end, see quote above).

There is actually two mistakes in that error message Woman Mad

dans wrote:

Why don't I get a total number of the sales in US$ shown in addition to the graph (No, I don't want to download a report and count those in excel together. No I don't upload to 3rd party websiete to do this)?

Agree - a total count of sales would also be good - downloads does not equal sales, and it's very hard to guess sales based off the line graph considering pricing is different per country! 

dans wrote:

Why can't I get this report sent each day/week/month automatically via email (I have to login each time and go through the same boring process right now)?

Because generating reports doesn't work in the first place 

Regular Contributor

"We're aware of these sporadic errors and are looking into it. Apologies for the nonviolence inconvenience.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor"

Could you please look into it again? Thanks.

Developer
My Device: Paper cup

[ Edited ]

!

Has anyone else had it with this   .