Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World™ Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Blackberry Torch 9810 - Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

turnaround time for approval of updates

Does anyone know the average turnaround time for AppWorld approving an update to an application release? My app didnt function as well on the Playbook compared to the simulator. I uploaded about 3 fixes for them yesterday and have removed my app from sale until the update gets approved.

Thanks in advance.

Sandbox Media
AppWorld Submissions: Pocket Bartender Lite | Pocket Bartender Pro
Developer
My Device: Paper cup

Re: turnaround time for approval of updates

[ Edited ]

Recent experience, anywhere from 2 to 10 days, with the description still not updated in the mobile store (despite being approved) weeks later.

But after it's approved, if you just re-post your app for sale, people may still get the old version for a couple of days, or even longer.  Sometimes for me it's sent out the old version under the new version number, so in the report and the user's Options it showed the new version number, but it was actually sending out the old version.  Then those customers went on using the old version, since they weren't notified of the update once it was propagated.

App World uses some kind of system of multiple caches that are slow to synchronize and frequently miss synchronizing altogether. 

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 - Blackberry Torch 9810 - Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: turnaround time for approval of updates

Why isn't RIM approving the latest release? They approved earlier releases and skipped the most recent and important update. Since we cannot delete releases, it would be cool if they reviewed the latest version. 

Sandbox Media
AppWorld Submissions: Pocket Bartender Lite | Pocket Bartender Pro