Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-1)
My Carrier: MTC

über problems with Z10 for past two weeks.

Hi there

For the past two weeks I've been having major problems with my Z10. I started noticing that my Whatsapp messages were coming through, but not making a sound. I reset and set the notification settings again, but still no luck. I figured since it was a 3rd party app, I'd maybe need to reinstall it. But then I also noticed that my text messages weren't coming through. Then some of my notifications (Facebook, Text message, Whatsapp and email) started staying "unread" even after I'd read them and even marked them as read. In fact, in desperation I even deleted the one text message thread, but it was still showing in my HUB. When I clicked on it it just showed blank since there was no longer a message there, but it wouldn't "disappear" from the HUB. Also, emails come through, but there is no sound or unread notification and I only see them if I check through the "read" emails in the HUB. 

The only thing that helps for this is when I restart my phone - then all my texts come through, notifications work fine and everything is dandy - for about half an hour, then the same thing starts happening. This is really annoying, because I have to restart my phone several times a day to make sure I don't miss important messages (which has happened during this time). 

Last week I wiped my phone and restored an update from 2 weeks earlier (when the phone wasn't giving problems), but once again it only worked for an hour max, then it was back to the same old problems. 

I'm really frustrated at the moment, because what good is a smart phone to me if all it can do is make and receive calls? The ONLY things working properly at the moment (as far as I'm aware) is BBM and making and receiving calls. 

*desperate*