Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

10.1 UPDATE VOL CONTROL Ih

prior to update to 10.1 on my wife's Z she could temporarily use the vol button on the side to lower the vol to zero without going to Notifications. After update that function no longer works, while the on screen indicator shows the volum lowering the actual vol level remains as set in Notifications. Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is it a bug that came with 10.1?

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300, Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: 10.1 UPDATE VOL CONTROL Ih

yes me too experiencing the same problem. After updating to 10.1 the volume button can only be used for media volume i.e. music player, video player, games etc only. Smiley Sad
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

It is added functionality. You can now choose to have the volume buttons only affect the media on the device or the notifications.

To have it affect notifications again, go to settings > main volume > and turn off the "always adjust media volume"

Personally I like the fact that the volume buttons can no longer accidentally adjust my ringer volume. Smiley Wink

You can simply tap the notifications ICON to toggle between vibrate/silent (whichever is last set) and normal very quickly.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Forwarded your answer to mywife and she's now a happy camper again.

Thanks