Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

10.1 Update Did Not Fix Sending Email Issue!

after waiting for like forever for AT&T to release 10.1.0.2019, i heard rumors that it would fix the issue i was having with emails not sending while connected to WIFI but will send when not on WIFI.  well i am still having the same problem with 10.1 and have to disconnect from WIFI in order to send emails (not fun).

in addition, i have already checked and my POP and SMTP ports [are not] blocked when connected to WIFI.  so what the heck is going on here?!  argh.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 10.1 Update Did Not Fix Sending Email Issue!

Are you able to do anything else while your WIFI examples are like surfing the net facebook twitter etc ?
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Just curious...  on your home wifi, do you have a PC connected and is it able to send e-mail?  Also is it just your home wifi that you can not send from or is it any wifi?

If you can send E-mails while connected to other wifi access points such as a coffee shop etc, the issue may be with your home wifi DNS.  Verify that you can send E-mail while connected to home wifi via your laptop or other computer.

Just a thought

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the second post in a row on this thread but one more thought, is the E-mail account you are sending from provided by your home ISP? (same domain) or is it from another domain?  SMTP or IMAP?  Many home ISPs block the SMTP port (25) and SSMTP (465) to anything other then their own E-mail service.  You might contact your ISP and see if this is the case.  Home ISPs have also been known to block IMAP ports as well IMAP4-SSL (585) and IMAPS (993).

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

RobGambino wrote:
Are you able to do anything else while your WIFI examples are like surfing the net facebook twitter etc ?

yes i can do everything else just fine on WIFI.

i am not using my home ISP, but i will try that when i get home. 

i have already been down this road with BB Support asking me to connect at a coffee shop, restaurant, etc, etc.  they all exhibited the exact same resultant.  cannot send email but will send that waiting email once i switch off of WIFI.

i forget to add that receiving email is unaffected. 

port 25 is the smtp (outgoing) port, and port 110 is the pop3 (incoming) port.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

That sounds weird I don't know what else to say other then make sure your email settings is correct which you're saying they're!

It almost sounds as if the SMTP server you are trying to send thru is refusing all connections other then through your phone provider... Odd one. Is the E-Mail address with the problem from your phone provider perhaps? Or from work perhaps? Do you get any error message when the connection is refused or does the mail just sit there?
Trusted Contributor

donb

I found this thread...

Apparently many others are having issues with the Z10 and SMTP.  Does your email server support IMAP?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Problem-sending-emails-on-SMTP-Port-25-with-Z1...

Super Contributor

ratcat wrote:
It almost sounds as if the SMTP server you are trying to send thru is refusing all connections other then through your phone provider... Odd one. Is the E-Mail address with the problem from your phone provider perhaps? Or from work perhaps? Do you get any error message when the connection is refused or does the mail just sit there?

the mail just sits there with the clock icon.  no errors are displayed.  i had to send my logs to bb support.

Super Contributor

ratcat wrote:

donb

I found this thread...

Apparently many others are having issues with the Z10 and SMTP.  Does your email server support IMAP?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Problem-sending-emails-on-SMTP-Port-25-with-Z1...

yeah had i posted on that thread starting on page 2.