Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

10.1 Update Problem

I updated to 10.1.  Everything seemed fine until I could not delete an email. 

On reboot everything seems to work except for HUB.  It just sits and flashes with the message "Preparing Blackberry Hub"  It never gets to where it's going..

I tried re-installing 10.1 several times through Link but keep geting  a failure message.

I have tried re-booting the Z10 by pulling the battery, I even tried rebooting the computer "just in case"

Nothing is working with HUB or my emails. Browser works.  Battery seems to run much hotter than normal. Will not intall downloaded apps.

What now?

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: 10.1 Update Problem

Hello shawnigan, 

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Are you still having issues with the Hub? How long did you wait to see if it would populate? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10-stl100-2
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hey,

I've got some issues with BB HUB too, since i installed 10.1.0.273,  the HUB doesn't work correctly:

- i do not get any notifications about SMS, emails or notfications, means no blinking LED, no sound, no vibration

-new sms do not occur at the top of the list

-new whatsapp messages are not shown in the hub

I really hope you can help me!

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

Same issues here. I use this device for business purposes and since the update I'm unable to stay in touch with my clients leading the situation to disaster. The losses people like me face after buying BlackBerry 10 devices definitely won't be compensated. I really don't know what to do now...
HUB is messed up since the update, no notifications, no emails, no text messages, nothing is working. Can't delete things as well. Tried resetting HUB, tried restarts, tried a lot of other things... no fix. I'm guessing BlackBerry won't be releasing any fix any time soon. Nice job!
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

i also have the same issues...... i should have thought teice before getting the Z10. The Samsung would have been a better choice.... at least i would get my notifications.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

Hi there, I have to admit it is hard to formulate a suggestion when there isn't really a question. I would suggest a reload of the software through Blackberry Link, and if that doesn't resolve your issue, then call BB support or your carrier support and have them troubleshoot it for you.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
Contributor

And that will erase all my data I believe?

When I updated to 10.1, I didn't do a back up, all my data was there after the update. BUT, having said that, if you are able to back up the phone to link before reloading, that would be a good idea.

Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. Its really a huge inconvenience to go through all this, but we have no other option.

I hope this works for you, maybe something went off the rails with the initial update. A reload can solve some things. I had an update about 3 weeks ago that wasn't complete and all of my notifications were missing. I reloaded and everything was back to 100 per cent. Good luck and let us know if it helped.