Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

Re: 10.1 Update Problem

Funny that the update is acting this way. I've never experienced anything like this before with my other phone and it's update. Anyhow, let's do this and I'll post back the outcome.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I hope others or myself don't have this problem -- being a new user I went to the Bell store in Victoria BC to get my new Z10 updated but I haven't had time to get someone to text me.  I'll have to get that done and check out the HUB, although I think they did that in the Bell outlet, but not sure.  I don't use the email server as I am now retired and not at work, I will just use the WiFi to pick up yahoo.ca.

I did find a few minutes this evening, while contemplating gardening tasks, to check out a few menus in the update and I like it a lot better -- there are added directions on some screens such as "Look left to see...." or "Look right..." which will help the raw beginner.  Good show.

It is important to get these updates right, so I do hope they are all tested out, and if it is buggy please BlackBerry advise us and fix it fast...  hoping mine is okay,

Janet

Contributor

I just reloaded the firmware through Link, nothing has changed, still the same problems.

My incoming text from a friend was there this morning, the phone was blinking, etc...  seems okay.

How long did it take you to reload by the way?  When I updated my Z10 I was at a Bell store and took forever owing to the slow WiFi there, wish the carriers had faster services in their outlets.  I could have done it faster at home, but I was nervous about doing it.  I am still a newbie in this realm. 

Contributor

It took me about an hour for both downloading and installing. And since the phone started, it's been doing the funky chicken again.
My Device: BB ZED 10
My Carrier: Fido

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Have you tried going back to your carrier and having them exchange it for you and transfer your data? That would be my next step if all the recommendations didn't work. Hopefully, the carrier can assist you or someone else here with the knowledge to take this further can. Sorry I wasn't of any help.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. Smiley Happy
Contributor

Thanks for your concern. I called the store since its under warranty, but they said this isn't something they can fix... they said it's an issue from BlackBerry update. They don't have any fix for it and suggested to wait for another update which will hopefully fix this. In other words, we're doomed!

Oh come on, I gather you can CALL BlackBerry, how I don't know, but there is a contact button on their webpage and I saw in some forum or other that the carrier can put you through...  but not sure about that.  You can email them, I am pretty sure.  From your computer!

There must be some glitch, what I don't know being a newbie, but either you should get a new phone and start over, or solve this by contacting them.  Depending on what city you are living in, there may be a wireless and cell phone private repair outfit that has psyched all this out...   You don't have to put up with that.  Go back to your carrier and demand to talk to BlackBerry or that the carrier reloads the update and checks it.  While I was at my carrier [Bell] in Victoria BC numerous people came in with various different cell phones and problems, and some were very insistent on changes or call-throughs to technical people, and were successful.  Keep us informed.

Contributor

Well thanks for the info, emailing them was the first step I took, no response so far. Working hours are over for today, so I'll try and catch them tomorrow.

Re: 10.1 Update Problem SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN -- BLACKBERRY STAFF TAKE NOTE!

You're in Dubai!   I just checked your profile.   Do you have a carrier there who has a regional BlackBerry number to call, perhaps?  Or did you buy it via your company or through the Web... 

Your cell phone plan carrier might be able to find a BlackBerry person for you responsible for that area, and get some action on this.

One thing the person in my Canadian Bell carrier cell phone store who was updating my Z10 to the new OS 10 update did was to make sure the software was downloaded, installed, [he watched all the prompts and info lines on the phone's screen] and then he Restarted it as instructed -- i.e. either clicking a Restart prompt and then allowing the phone to go off and on again like a computer, or else turning it off and on manually, not sure....  if your phone got interrupted somewhow in this process, a problem may have happened.

Hopefully the BlackBerry people will get back to you.  Try picking one of the resident experts here and sending them a private email, you can do that by clicking on their name and then clicking on private email, or something like that, and ask them how to call BlackBerry from Dubai...  this forum is monitored by BlackBerry I believe.

Do you work for a company with an IT expert, or if you are on your own, you'll have to find a BlackBerry expert via the Web, the phone, or from your cell phone retailer...  hope this works out for you.