Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: GrameenPhone

Re: 10.1 Update Problem

Yes I'm located in Dubai. I actually purchased this from an authorised retailer in Dubai known as Axiom Telecom Company. Their service isn't the best I'd say, otherwise they wouldn't have said that they can't provide a solution for it and we'll have to wait for a fix to be released by BlackBerry. But I'll visit their outlet and see what more they can offer.

I updated the phone myself. The first time I did was through OTA, and the second time I did it using Link. Now both the times I carefully monitored the upgrade to see if there were any errors or disconnections, but the upgrade went smooth without any disturbance.

The funny thing is, I'm not the only one facing this issue. All of my friends who upgraded to 10.1 are facing the same problems as well as a lot more people on the internet are discussing about this. My guess... it's a bug in the upgrade.
Some of my friends reverted or should I say "restored" to the original firmware are having no problems at all. So that pretty much sheds light on the fact that this is a matter to be fixed by BlackBerry.

So I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

I see some problems on the web, but not a global one really, nor an announcement from BlackBerry which is really pretty good about issues -- I think if there was a problem with the OS update they would have announced it and put out a corrected version or asked people to hold off...  they are too sensitive to buyer psychology really, right now, I would imagine, not to do so.

My Bell store [Bell is a major Canadian phone and wireless company] mentioned that with some features of BlackBerry there are a few hurdles to get over with regard to certain carrier systems and the way they interact with the BlackBerry servers...  and that some tweaking needs to be done sometimes by the phone carrier.  Email management is the main issue.  I don't have that problem as I am not going to put my email through the BlackBerry system, as I am retired and this is not a work phone,  but just to view it on line via WiFi on the BlackBerry, like any webpage...

I have so far not noticed any problem with the OS 10 update -- all my screens show, and my Settings show, and BBM seems to be working...  texts are going to  Hub...  surely if there was a problem with the phone it would have shown up on my phone.

I can only wish you luck.  Maybe someone from your region will speak up and give some info...

Contributor

I'm not sure of what's happening either. But I'm pretty sure its a software issue as my Z10 was working perfectly until I updated to 10.1. Will see how it goes at the retailer's.

Once again, thanks for your concern, I appreciated it.

Ok now this way too annoying... the new issue is the phone won't let me access the settings. Just a blank page is displayed when I click on settings and frequent disconnection of internet. I'd have to restart the phone to get it back to normal. I reloaded the update again from another computer using Link on a very fast internet connection. Still the same. Today I'm going to pay the scumbags a visit as they were off yesterday. Whatever solution I get, I'll post a reply with the info.

Interesting.  As a Canadian and a supporter, so far, generally, of BlackBerry, I want to see this sorted out.

My Z10 update seems to be fine, I've checked everything out but I don't funnel my email through the BlackBerry system because I am retired and don't have a "work email", I just use yahoo.ca for webmail.  It's a bit sticky clicking into our household wireless system but does it, I've learned to be patient -- my newish laptop was hesitant at first, too...  there seems to a bit of handshaking that has to go on...  so don't expect instant response.

The one thing I haven't checked out is if the Bluetooth earpiece I bought when I bought the Z10 is still "paired" with it, I suspect it may need re-"pairing" after an update.  This pairing process seems to be standard across cellphone-land with earpieces.

Either you are impatiently over-using your screens and switching around a lot from one thing to another, thus confusing it, or you have a defective piece of equipment which is possibly, probably,  the fault of your sales-point or carrier who may have sold to you when it had been used previously as a demo, a trainer, a goodness-knows-what, or been knocked around or over-heated in the shipping process.

I find when getting frustrated with a piece of electronic gadgetry is it is easy to tie it up in some sort of "stop" mode -- that happens with computers too, even the new ones don't like having features switched on and off precipitously and all of that, they freeze up.  I'd give it a rest, see if your Settings page comes back.  If not, demand a new boxed version.  I sincerely hope as a Canadian that this innovative Canadian company from Waterloo ON which admittedly did not keep up mid-way in its development but hopefully will prove to have a good product here, we shouldn't have to depend totally on California or Korea, the latter with a company which makes a whole lot of things not just electronics...  I found my daughter's IPad hard to use at first, we were driving with it through Gloucestershire at Christmas on a joint visit there, and I was using it for the first time and was always jamming it up or touching the wrong thing, until I got a bit used to it...

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: 10.1.0.273 Update Problem

[ Edited ]

My issue is that my Hub still shows all accounts even though i have turned off the ones i dont need, i have tried the 4-5 finger swipe from right bezel to centre screen and still shows everything even though its turned off in Hub management, i have even tried a battery pull, soft reset and restart etc but still no change, also i have found my battery life has gone from good on OS 10.0.10.90 to worse now on 10.1.0.273 OS with no ability to downgrade back as the Z10 retains the new OS 10.1.0.273 as its base firmware.

Not in the slightest happy at all

Ah the good old iPad
Contributor

I've been a BlackBerry fan for over 4 years and I intend to keep this going. I've never compared BlackBerry phones to other brands as BlackBerry phones are actually business phones... and that being said doesn't mean a high end camera or the fastest cpu and etc. I believe business phones are made to take care of your business connectivity needs which BlackBerry is doing incredibly great. People now a days just forgot how to compare things.

If I were Canadian, I'd be proud of it!

I'm seriously hoping that this is a defective piece and will have it changed with a boxed piece.

Janet, I'm not using my phone to its peak... I'm an optimised user and most of the options are turned off on my Z10. I do that to minimise battery usage. The only things I frequently use are emails.
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Still having issues with Hub and even spent over an hour wiping my handset and restarting all over again to be stuck with the same problem, all accounts are still active in Hub even when turned off in Hub Management, it also takes it upon itself now to decide what it will turn off and keep on as it randomly keeps turning off Text and Email accounts so its starting to take the **** now, is it not the saying "If it aint broke dont try and fix it!" Come on BB Techs what are you playing at? Screen issues still persist too and with no ability to Downgrade either is very poor so now stuck with this botched OS Update!!!!!!!!! I was under the impression that this was to make or break the company? Think you have gone and done it and gone for Broke as im very close to getting rid and going with another company...........

Ah the good old iPad
Contributor

Ok guys, here is what happened...

I went over to the dealer from where i had purchased. I had to wait for 3 hours in the queue and then finally handed over my handset and explained to them what was the problem. After one hour of fixing they returned the phone, I asked them which OS did they load and they said it was the latest (10.1 in my knowledge). I checked the phone and now everything was working ok except the network kept on disconnecting every 5 to 10 minutes and when I tapped on the "About" app, I saw 10.0.9.2372 is installed. I literally lost my mind and asked them if this was a joke because its not funny. They said 10.1 is not an official update for UAE based users as they haven't received anything from their principle body (BlackBerry).
After several minutes of argument, I just left the outlet and tried download WhatsApp from the BlackBerry World, and found out that WhatsApp isn't available for the installed firmware version. I went back to the outlet and showed them that this firmware is either a demo or a joke and is absolutely ridiculous. They said this is what they had received from BlackBerry for UAE. I asked them for BlackBerry direct number, they said its against their policy and can't give me the number... I spoke to my service provider and they managed to get me a number, which was an international number. I called, a gentleman answered and introduced himself as a BlackBerry tech support. I explained all what had happened and what needs to be done. He said he can't be of service as I'm not inside Canada and gave another number which is a local number and said they'd be able to help me.

I called and still am calling as I'm typing this... No response.

Conclusion... I'm going to sell this Z10 and get an Android phone. Google Nexus looks promising.

And I forgot to mention, I can't restore my Z10 anymore... The network doesn't recognize it and keeps on loading forever.

A big thanks to all the readers, BlackBerry and the dealer.

Well, you tried, you really tried.  It will be interesting to see what happens.  Keep us posted on your next phone.

What a shame.  Let's see what happens in the nexr 5 years in this industry, I'll be watching.