Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

10.2.1 upgrade Bugs-- Voice feedback does not work

Voice feedback when using voice commands does not work after upgrading to 10.2.1

I have spend over 5 hours with BB support to correct this problem. I have reloaded the 10.2.1 operating system twice, and even tried a replacement phone. All to no avail. BB support wanted me to reload the OS a third time- I refused and told them to find a fix. The problem is evidently within 10.2.

The upgrade also interferes with my contacts listing. When I look up contacts from the phone icon, the contacts are alphabetical by first name but listed last name first. Setting the contact format to first, last does not correct the listing. When I open the contacts from the contacts icon on the main screen, the listing is correct.

BB needs to fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: 10.2.1 upgrade Bugs-- Voice feedback does not work

Yes, you are not alone. Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Have you heard any other similar issues with the contacts listing?

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

It appears to me both issues are tied together... the Voice Control can't cache the contacts for some reason.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I assume that my only option is to wait for an update from BB--10.3?

UPDATE

Just got off the phone with BB support-- they do not have this listed as a bug and are investigating this. I just sent them a log from my phone.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Problem acknowledged and the partial workaround posted:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35695

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The posted work around is at best a mediocre fix. It also does not address the bug with the contacts that I described earlier. I look forward to an upgrade to the OS.  I have been a long time fan of BB-- these bugs are wearing down my resistance to changing OS.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

nycwaterman wrote:

The posted work around is at best a mediocre fix. It also does not address the bug with the contacts that I described earlier. I look forward to an upgrade to the OS.  I have been a long time fan of BB-- these bugs are wearing down my resistance to changing OS.

OS 10.2.1.2041 fixes the issue.  If you want to install the update without waiting for your carrier to release you can follow these instructions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the update. Is there any modification to the update when released by the carrier?

New Contributor

I went to the website/blog that you listed and it explained all- thanks again.