Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Playbook & 9700
My Carrier: China Unicom

2 Issue: Not able to connect to blackberry server, not able to install app

Dear support and anyone who may have work around with these issues:

I am currently encountering 2 issues right now

1) The Z10 would not connect to Blackberry Server with my carrier network, but works under Wi-Fi

I can browse fine and use any app requires internet without any issue.  However,  the device cannot connect to blackberry server (the icon on the top right disappear) meaning that protect, travel, bbm any etc. does not work.  Once I am back on Wi-Fi, it works.  I recall when I did a security wipe and while under the software update step (while Wi-Fi is not on), it said something about not able to update under roaming...so...i am not sure if that may be something that is causing the issue...any workaround?

(I put sim card with another carrier, and everything works fine...but only this carrier in particular does not work...sadly I just signed a 1 yr contract with them...)

2. My app would not install with the same sim card in

Everything works under 10.2.0.424, but when I upgraded to 10.2.1...whether if it 1055, 1925, 19xx, and with the latest official release, my app would not install with the Far EasTone sim card inputed (upgrade is fine tho).  It said error when installing the application whenever I tried to install from blackberry appword or any .apk.

It would not work even if I turn off the mobile network, but once I had the sim card removed, everything worked...

Again...is there any work around??...

Please help me with these issues...and...not to ask my to ask my carrier....coz they do not understand anything about blackberry.... The only thing they might have minimum knowledge of are all with legacy OS....

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------- 

Z10 - 10.2.1.1925 official release

Carrier Far EasTone (Taiwan) 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Re: 2 Issue: Not able to connect to blackberry server, not able to install app

Hi..

Both the issues are related to the Provisioning of the SIM Card.. kindly check with the carrier for the correct provisioning of the SIM.

Thanks

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks