Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

2 Recurring Z10 Issues- Battery Charging and Intermittenly Shutting Down

I have 2 recurring issues (phone is approx 2 weeks old).

1.  Phone occassionally and intermittently shuts itself off ?....but not issue starting back up.

2.  Almost never stops charging (although on occassion it does stop and will show fully charged).  And this occurs whether charging via USB or wall outlet.  Last charge event plugged in for over 6+ hours and was still charging?  (have 2 batteries and both behave the same)

Other than that phone works very well.

Thanks...scott

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 2 Recurring Z10 Issues- Battery Charging and Intermittenly Shutting Down

Good day

Have you do OS upgrade yet?
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

scottu50 wrote:

I have 2 recurring issues (phone is approx 2 weeks old).

1.  Phone occassionally and intermittently shuts itself off ?....but not issue starting back up.

2.  Almost never stops charging (although on occassion it does stop and will show fully charged).  And this occurs whether charging via USB or wall outlet.  Last charge event plugged in for over 6+ hours and was still charging?  (have 2 batteries and both behave the same)

Other than that phone works very well.

Thanks...scott

you could have an app that is draining the battery while using CPU cycles which will not let it fully charge as at the end of charging it does not supploy much current

Mine will take a long time to go from 95 to 99% when using it,.

My wifes will turn off at times but since getting a folding case with a sleeper magnet in it, it has not happened much now.

I think from keeping in her purse it was hitting the power switch.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi Rob,

Yes...updated to .116

...though that is a previous issue I posted on, i.e.; BB link always indicates .116 update is available even though it is already installed (and if I allow it, it will install it over and over). 

I assumed this was a BB Link issue, but maybe not...

Thanks for the reply...scott