Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

30 day email - just at first or always?

This is likely the return decision so I want to be clear.

Does the Z10 only keep 30 days of email always or is that just what it is limited to loading at start-up?

Regular Contributor

Re: 30 day email - just at first or always?

Can no one really answer this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Please give it time...it's the weekend after all, and everyone is a volunteer here, with lives also to live.

I think (note...stress "THINK") that it's "at first", and that any items you don't otherwise delete will remain on your device even as time passes. But, I cannot validate that right now as I've re-set up my device within the last 30 days, so I don't have anything older on it by which to validate for sure.

Then again, it's possible that what I'm seeing is indeed a "rolling window" of 30 days of items. For me, old item access on my BB isn't really an issue, so it's not mattered to me. I recognize that it might matter to others, and I'm hopeful that, as part of their review of requested future fixes (a different thread on this site), they will perhaps include that for the future.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

only 30 days can be synced at the moment

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33742

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

As I've had my device since early February, and it is now March 23rd... and my oldest email is from Feb 21st.. I can confirm that it is only 30 days Maximum for IMAP accounts.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you.
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

I like many other am eager to see that change Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: BB 10 Z
My Carrier: Fido

I have been watching my emails dissapear each day, so sadly, incredibly  yes, the BBZ10 only holds on to 30 days worth of e mails.

Apparently that is be design so i've been told. It has also been said that this is being looked into. I can only hope.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Yes, as time is now passing and I'm watching this closer, I'm also seeing that its a "30-day rolling window", so anything older is expired from the BB as time passes.

We all are hoping for the future...but I still take solace in comparing to prior BB methods where nothing from the past (non-BES) came to the BB at all. Only starting at the point of activation did emails begin to come to the BB, but no history was brought to it. But, even then, I recall that they would not expire off of the BB as long as "Keep Messages" was set to "Forever" and there was always adequate AppMemory available (to prevent the Low Memory Manager from automatically deleting things).

Let us hope for some hybrid of these prior features, coupled with some "borrowed" from other platforms, will arrive for us in future releases.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Carrier: TELSTRA

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if/when the 30 day limit will be removed from activesync?