Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB 10 Z
My Carrier: Fido

Re: 30 day email sync limit is huge draw back my business; is there a fix?

Thank you for the link to the official BB 10 comment.

Really though: "This is currently by design on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone." ?

I find this sad.

My e mails, no matter inbox or outbox, sent, received are disappearing from my phone as we speak.

The same with my phone log. ( I have nothing on my phone older than 30 days)

Such data for business is necessary, with my torch I relied on it heavily. If I am in an area where there is no signal or Wi Fi, with my torch the information was there for my use.

Any Emails sent from my BB10 that I did not carbon copy to my computer are forever lost.

I dare not use my phone to send emails, and isn't that sad since that what BB is all about?

The phone's overall performance is exceptional. Such oversights like this however is unacceptable.

I have an I Phone 3, Samsung Note and HTC and guess what; there is no "30 day Limit" to their logs.

I have Emails dating back to the day I got the phones, except this one... My BB10.

I want this phone to be my flagship for my business, but this "30 day design" puts it behind the others.

What makes this most frustrating is I have not seen any explanation form BlackBerry how this can be an advantage or benefit for me, that is  to restrict it to 30 days.

I wish BlackBerry was listening, or some department that can do something about this.

I appreciate all your input people as I know you are not BB employees, but a user as myself.

Please understand, My BB 10 won't even hold  more than 30 days of Emails (of any sort, coming,or sent) or phone logs!

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

regas1 wrote:

I wish BlackBerry was listening, or some department that can do something about this.

I appreciate all your input people as I know you are not BB employees, but a user as myself.

They are listening, and as you should have read in this thread, they have plans to change and extend the 30 days. Scroll up.

I call that listening.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

DO you have any idea how to file a sent message from hub to a folder?

DCWhitehouse wrote:
DO you have any idea how to file a sent message from hub to a folder?

No, it's already filed to your "sent" messages folder.

And, it's somewhat offtopic to this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: Tmobile

Please help me understand. I just experienced all emails deletes from the 10 email accounts I had setup in my Z10 that I activated March 12. When logging into the gmail accounts they were also deleted from the inbox (now they just appear when I click on the "all mail" option) and because my outlook conects through IMAP they were deleted from my outlook too. 

If it says that it only syncs 30 days does it mean that you can only see the latest 30 days of your emails on the phone? if this is so why did it delete all of them (including phone logs) from the phone?

Thank you

I don't have any idea why all emails from all your ten accounts deleted.

Look at your Settings > Accounts... are there any red notations there about any accounts not setup correctly?

jpbernal wrote:

If it says that it only syncs 30 days does it mean that you can only see the latest 30 days of your emails on the phone? if this is so why did it delete all of them (including phone logs) from the phone?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No... Everything was working great for almost 20 days now... If the new sync replicates the server and syncs at least the last 30 days of emails it would be ok for me.. but for some reason ALL emails were deleted today... and its not even 30 days since the setup... cant seem to find a reason why!

I understand. it doesn't sound like it should have happened. I am trying to help determine why.

So you see no errors in your account setups.

Are you or anyone else viewing those emails from another device, PC or webserver, that might have deleted or read or filed to another folder those emails?

For all ten accounts, something sounds odd.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes, its very odd.. the only device conecting to the email accounts is my Z10 (aside from my laptop with outlook that had been off all weekend until after the deletion happened) and in all gmail accounts (when accesed through the web) all emails had been removed from the inbox as well. In some servers I can find them in the "important emails" option, in others in the "all email" option. I was scared at the begining to have all mail lost for the period but fortunately it is still there. For some reason the Z10 deleted the emails from the accounts and then sent an instruction to the gmail servers to re-tag the messages removing them from the regular inbox. Then outlook locally replicated that action removing them from inbox too..

New Contributor
My Carrier: EE

I can vouch for the fact that because of the sync technology upto 30 days all email on the Z10 over the 30 days is wiped out together with email on THE SERVER; I started with 6500 emails on my server and I began by backing up my bbbold and then installing on my Z10 all the 6500 was in first instance downloaded but the minute I got EE to link my z10 to the blackberry server. The 6500 was reduced to 630 emails both on my z10 and server. Howver my outlook on my laptop still kept my entire history going back to 2008; I then decided the z10 isn't worth keeping and have returned it to EE/Orange. I then had all 6500 emails in my bold but the moment I got this hooked into blackberry it only downloaded what was on server ie 650 emails. But the only good news in this reverse upgrade is my torch stored all email ie all 6500 email in "messages". So have not lost all; but as I've written earlier I'm bitterly disappointed that the one chance BB has to be in the game has been blown. Why would anyone on a iphone5 or galaxy switch to BB? Now they are alienating their loyal users like me? Conclusion: BB will likely fail. This 30 day restriction is a functional disaster.