Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

A NEW BLACKBERRY Z10 PROBLEM

Okay, so I'm now on my SECOND z10 after my first one died after not even 2 days of use..

I'm having this problem, (happens every day now) in which I'll go to check my phone (pushing the top button), and the phone does nothing, but kinda glows black.. like a tv that's on with no input. 

I then hold the top button as if to power off, and that screen comes up fine, with the countdown, restart and power off options.. Strange, right?

My only option then is to restart it, or shut it off and turn it on again. After this it works like normal, but it will still continue to do it a couple to multiple times a day.

Don't know what I should do. Don't really want a third one with yet another pin, and another phone to transfer everything to.

Halllllp!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: A NEW BLACKBERRY Z10 PROBLEM

That is a software issue, which I noticed twice in the past two days and never before. I'm trying to reproduce it so I can start a big report, but haven't been able to make it repeatable yet Smiley Happy

A new phone won't fix this for you. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

What I would do is backup the Z10 with the Link software. I would then re-install the operating system. This can be done with the Link software. Then restore the data with the Link software.

I found using the top button can be confusing at times. This button is best for the restart or for shutdown.

I set my phone to sleep after one minute. When I finish using the phone I put it in my belt pouch. After a minute it is sleeping. To wake it up I simply swipe my finger up from the bottom of the screen to the top.

I use a camera belt pouch to hold my phone. I found this to be better than the one that comes with the phone. I also keep the phone in a Gel Grip protector.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III

Hi jerryg, when this issue occurs. Nothing works except (strangely) the top button being held to bring up the start, reset or power off screens. No swipes work. Smiley Wink
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-2
My Carrier: UK

Please think of reload it using BB Link.

Good luck

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Ya I don't think link is going to work either. It definitely is the software.

So should I just wait it out you think? It's annoying as hell.

Forums Advisor III

Yes, I imagine a bug fix will be on the way, but if you feel the need to report the issue (which is never a bad idea!) call your carrier's Blackberry support team and talk to them, if they aren't helpful ask to be escalated to Blackberry tier 2 support, and always ask for a incident number Smiley Wink
New Contributor
My Device: Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
My Carrier: Vodacom South Africa

Hey guys,

My name is Karabo from south Africa. I have a similar problem. When I try switching my phone off, the countdown screen doesn't appear and the phone just restarts.

Please help,
Thanks
"Most complaints are from those who've barely tried."
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 4792215749

I'm on my second Z10, too. Mine just died as I got it off the charger today. I love my phone, but this is getting annoying.