Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

A tiny but annoying glitch over notifications

My Z10 says in the Hub/Notifications / BBM Text messages/ etc list that I have one outstanding voicemail message. The voicemail screen also says that I have one new voicemail message waiting. And I have a pretty little icon on the home screen indicating that I have one new voicemail message waiting. The thing is that I don't have such a voicemail messagewaiting! I did have such a message and I've listened to it and (according to the recorded voice in my voicemail box) I have also successfully deleted it. But still the Hub notification, voicemail screen and icon says that I have an outstanding message. How do I get rid of all this erroneous stuff? In the past, you simply took the battery out, waited a moment and then stuck it back in again and this solved the glitch. But not this time. Any and all ideas welcome. Thank you. 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: A tiny but annoying glitch over notifications

This is a known bug and BB is aware of it. On mine I also have it.. I tried everything,, I can't even delete that message from my hub.. I can delete all other voicemail message in the hub except that. Looks like its a small bug in the hub. I am hopping they come out with a fix soon.. Couple of minor issues with the hub.. This is what you get for getting a new phone and OS.

Regular Contributor

Thanks very much for this. Here's hoping they sort it out soon.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey guys, not a voicemail notification, but an erroneous email "new" notification in the hub... I rebooted and it removed it.

Another instance I did the Hub reset, and it removed the orphan notification.

Hub reset:

• With your z10 in Hub view, from the top right corner of the screen, swipe FIVE times toward center of the screen.
  • The screen will go black for a bout a second.
  • You will see a message "Preparing BlackBerry Hub"
  • After about 3-5 seconds the full Hub view reappear, hopefully without the errant notification.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Brilliant idea, JSanders, but very sadly it didn't resolve the problem. I've spoken to my carriers (o2) and they cant solve the problem either. All they can suggest is doing a factory reset (how do you do that BTW?) but that seems a tad drastic. But maybe its the only way?

Try what we've done in the past... call your voicemail from another phone, leave a message, and then listen and clear it from your Z10.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

Sadly no, that doesn't work either.

Ask O2 to reset your voicemail.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

I did exactly that this morming and it still hasn't cured it. I confess I'm beaten. If a factory reset is the only remaining answer, how do I do that? I can't find anything to tell me (although, of course, maybe that's because I'm looking in the wrong place)

lol, everything we mention, you tell us you've already done that. It would have been helpful to just tell us everything up front rather than bit by bit as asked.

You said this notification is in your SMS tab on the Hub?

You've cleared the Voicemail tab, is the notification there still, also?

You've done a powerd on battery pull reboot.

You've done a Hub reset.

You've called O2 to reset your voicemail.

Aside from trying each of those again, perhaps a reloading of the OS would work, but hold off for now if you can. I've had a couple friends here in the forum do an OS reload, I have not. They have encountered some issues you would want to know about.

Knowledge Base Updates