Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

ALL contacts now have the same name

When trying to send an email this morning from my Office 365 mail - all of my contact's names have been replaced by the same name - their email addresses etc are still intact, but now everyone has the same name. I have restarted my Z10, I have deleted the account and added it again but no luck. When sending mail from the same account on my desktop everything is fine. It is just the 1 account on my phone. I have 4 email accounts on my phone and this is the only one affected. anyone?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: ALL contacts now have the same name

Try a Battery Pullout

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
New Contributor

nope. still the same

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

lauriegerard wrote:

When trying to send an email this morning from my Office 365 mail - all of my contact's names have been replaced by the same name - their email addresses etc are still intact, but now everyone has the same name. I have restarted my Z10, I have deleted the account and added it again but no luck. When sending mail from the same account on my desktop everything is fine. It is just the 1 account on my phone. I have 4 email accounts on my phone and this is the only one affected. anyone?

Delete that contact again. Leave it deleted, for now.

Now, go to your Settings > Accounts and delete that one Office365 account.

Then reboot the Z10, Restart: Press and hold the upper edge power button a couple seconds and the tap the lower right RESTART.
Now, go back and re-add the Office365 account and allow your contacts to sync. See if all is fine.

If they are, add back that one contact.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Very odd. When i went to delete the contact i tapped the delete icon but nothing happened. Then swiped over and saw that it was linked to about 30 other people. when i tried to 'unlink', again nothing happened. Although it looked like the contact was not deleted, i restarted the phone and now everything is back to normal. The contact is gone and everyone else appears properly.

no idea how it happened - not even a contact i email very often.

thank you for your help!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code