Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

ALL contacts synced and now my addy book is a mess

When I bought my BBZ10 at Telus, the clerk synced my BB9300 to the BBZ10.  When I got home, I downloaded the BB Link and it synced the contacts to ALL of my email accounts.  Any time I go to use the contact list, there are sooo many dupicates that it's nasty to find the most recent and updated person that I want to either call or email or text.  I try to use the voice command to call someone and ... lol... it can't find the right number because it is entered in too many times and ways. Frustrating.

I have tried to look on the BB Link to go into the contact list and try to edit but I cannot seem to find a way to edit all the people in my phone.  I can't find the contact list in BBLink.  What can I do to fix this on my pc and edit out the 'old' numbers and contacts that I don't want and then update the contact list in BBZ10?

BBLink also shows videos that were on the old phone.  I want to delete these along with other pics I don't want. How do I do this (I have tried to delete but oddly I cannot figure it out).  

Thanks for any input/help!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: ALL contacts synced and now my addy book is a mess

[ Edited ]

I would have synced my addresses in the phone with one account only. I prefer Hotmail. I found Hotmail worked the best with this phone. I tested it with Gmail and Yahoo for syncing. Hotmail has changed its name to Outlook.com

Hotmail has a utilty built in to its contacts section that allows for cleaning up and combining multiple contact lisitings. I had good results with this feature.

Since the phone is new and if you cannot easily fis this, make wipe of the phone, re-register it with your Blackberry ID, re-establish all your email addresses, and allow it to sync with one service only. 

An easier thing to try before the above that may work, is to turn off the sync for all the maill service addreses except for one. Give the phone about thirty minutes to see if it corrects itself. It is most likely combining all of them together.

--

I was told from a reliable source that Blackberry is working on the issue of adding an Outlook sync feature to the Link software. They were not able to give me a time frame for this.

There are some dealers who are saying they heard a new Blackberry 4G tablet may be coming out during or toward the end of this summer.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: ALL contacts synced and now my addy book is a mess

Hi Jerry,  thank you for the feedback. I will try going in and taking out the other email accounts and see what happens.