Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: 3 Austria

APN Settings greyed out - this is really disappointing

Hey everyone,

i already saw a lot of threads over the internet about the issue of not being able to set prope APN values. I bought an unlocked Z10 from Amazon in Europe and it's ridicolous that i can't put in my providers APN values.

Pls get this fixed - € 600,- is way too much for such bugs.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: APN Settings greyed out - this is really disappointing

Hey xpla,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This is by design in BlackBerry 10, all the APN settings are hard coded and are auto-populated when you put in the SIM card.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

Yes i do have more questions:

- how to get my data connection to work on a € 600,- phone

- how to get this to work without chaing my carrier?

Thank you in advance

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: GTA

Re: APN Greyed Out Setting Issue Resolved

I purchased a Z10 from Amazon.  It was everything that I hoped it would be -- an more.  The only problem is with the greyed out APN.  The tech support was excellent.  Although I spent a lot of time talking to the tech support, they were very polite even when I was frustrated. This was a complicated issue as none of the blogs were able to address the problem directly.  I was able to get to the an answer from BB (third line tech support) and it turns out that the problem has to do with the carrier.  The sim card determines the APN, but the carrier is able to correct it on their end so that I can get network connection.  Tech Support was excellent.

New Contributor

I got a solution for this issue Smiley Happy

i put in a sim card from an other carrier and loaded the latest software update (which also wasn't available via my carrier). After the software update and changing back to my original sim card the correct settings have been set.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tescomobile.ie

I just bought the z10 600 euro and can't get Internet with my Tesco sim please help apn greyed out
My Carrier: Rogers

Just bought the Z10, very happy until I travelled to the states and can't use my US sim card because I cannot update my APN settings.  Roam Mobility, which is a carrier that provides roaming to canadian cell phone users, requires that you change your APN settings to say "roam" as the name and 'roam" as the APN.  unfrotunately, can't do it on the Z10 but I can on an iPhone! Really??? Apple, who is supposed to be the most restritive and OS locked down company out there lets you change the APN settings... Come on Blackberry!!! What's up with this? Was it really a discussion at your design meetings? Should we lock the APN?

Highlighted
My Device: blackberrybold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom-mozambique

[ Edited ]

I work with phones, all phone models that are here in my city our costumers bring to me, so that I can activate data plan on their phones, but till today i could not do it on BB z10, nor even intruduct the apn, and when i try to activate data  service on it, shows a loadind circle which never ends, never stop, what can we do to solve this problem? knowing that BB z10 is expensive and a new phone with a new phone sistem....(I work on Voda-shop, our network here is "Vodacom" mozambique), please help me on this 

My Carrier: Rogers

There is nothing you can do.  Blackberry will need to unlock the APN settings.  Not sure what they did here...