Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Thats a good question

Re: APN setting on the BB z10

I give up
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: straight talk

Trust you? you have showed no proof of open apn, all you have shown is a fanboy ignorance. Provide us with proof andat least i will trust you, otherwise no. Here is how you can provide proof. Record a video or ask the community to do it, showing that the apn of the devices is unlocked with such and such carrier and also provide with the model # as well for each device. Then we can contrast and compare the model #$ and that is how you might gain our trust.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Oh come on, this isn't CrackBerry. Please don't go postal.

You can trust it or not, it's not something I have a need to prove. Again, I do know this.

If you want to prove it is NOT a carrier setting, you're welcome to do so. You can scour these forums and find users on other carriers with open APN settings.

My kind suggestion would be to put your same effort in a call to your carrier (up higher than the minimum wage tech guy you'll first encounter) and get some answers as to why they've locked it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Confirmed by straight talk and even solavei even though they have Z10 on their network but with no mms. BlackBerry take the sim information and populate the apn settings this is why they are greyed out. If I now use an android phone with the same sim card I can change the apn. Mr resident please go reside somewhere else or research rather than just reading other messages without validating yourself

royalblue32 wrote:
 Mr resident please go reside somewhere else or research rather than just reading other messages without validating yourself

Sorry, as my three-year old niece once said to her friend "you ain't the boss of me."

I will stick around. Y'all can duke it out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: BlackberryZ10
My Carrier: ATT

Well there are so many posts about Z10 APN edit options. I think BB doesn't know that we have mvno operators (Virtual) who lease bandwidth from other operators and so the settings of the APN etc hence these need to be configured by editing the settings.

BB should release a patch for having to enable the edit options on the APN.... Till then BB is not a usable phone and not a travel option

My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange cameroon

Hello, I would like to know how to concretely to view has the apn ... we need a software update or something else? because I have the telefone, but I can not seem to install the internet connection from my mobile operator. I am in Cameroon and my operator is Orange Cameroon. thank you for answer.

New Contributor
My Carrier: digicel Haiti

I bought my Z10 in part because of the hotspot option of this BB. I contacted my mobile provider so that it installs their APN settings. The tethering and hotspot options that allow access the APN settings have disappeared from my Z10. The guy told me he cannot doanything for me. Disappointed and frustrated I was. At home I discovered when I removed the sim card, the options returned and I have access to the APN settings. When I put back the card, the options disappear.

This confimrs that it's the providers job to manage this problem. RIM should inform them how to resolve the problem. It's up to us to put pressure on the provider. I hope this information will be helpful.

anry, thank you.

Your mobile hotspot and tethering options are controlled (or disabled/enabled) by the mobile provider as well.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Andy you are missing the point ofcpurse when you remove the sim you can change most things. Why? That's because you removed the sim. Here is how it works. When you insert your sim your bb will detect the sim and populate the apn. Now this works great if you have AT&T or tmobile. Now imagine you have for example straight talk. They sit on AT&T but because bb looks at the sim it locks it to AT&T Now if you go research this have nothing to do with your provider. Take iPhone on straight talk or even an old blackberry you can either change the apn or get an app that will change it. Now bb10 have done this a little differently they read the SIM card and provide no way to adjust your apn. If you also notice am you go to AT&T or tmobile for example they give you their apn settings so you can add them yourself But even on an unlocked bb10 you can't do that. Sorry dude but you are not correct and your just fueling the fire for our resident expert who was meant to not post anymore Smiley Happy