Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: APN setting on the BB z10

Yes. It is an unlocked WIND canada 121 variant.
Developer
My Device: Z30

@JSanders, I know you don't want to believe that it is. But why does every other OS have the possibility of ignoring this flag? Smiley Wink
There has to be something they can do. And I hope they will – at least Alec Saunders replied he forwarded this problem to the right department.

@cyberjamb, unfortunately the workaround using the engineering screen will only work for carriers who only need the APN set, not the username and password Smiley Sad
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blog alopix.net
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Contributor

Yes that is correct. There is a window of opportunity when you reset the radio via the engineering screen to edit the other fields but it is very short. I will try it and report back if the values persist between resets.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Well I'm in another country, where my company uses a custom APN. guess what, by BB Z10 is a brick.  Good thing i decided to bring my S3 along just in case..  I'm really missing my BB now after having moved back from android.  It really is a shame however, and will directly affect my companies decision of weather or not to support BB10 in our environment.  Unless BB fixes this issue, i can say with certanty, it will be a resounding no.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Developer

@cyberjamb would be great if you could report back on that with a description how to do the reset (if it actually works) Smiley Happy
Contributor

I was able to set the username and password durig the modem reset. The Authentication Type drop down was left enabled after the reset.

There is a reset button in the General Radio escreen It becomes enabled after you toggle Hybrid Preference and Auto Data. I left both options on. Press the reset and then go to your settings...

Developer

@cyberjamb thanks for the tip. unfortunately toggling Hybrid Preferences and Auto Data didn't work. The Reset Modem button is still disabled Smiley Sad
Which device model do you own (Settings>Info>Model)? I have a STL100-1, so maybe you have a different one?
Contributor

I have a STL100-3. Not sure if you play with other settings on that page that it will cause the reset button to enable. Be careful when using the escreens...

Developer

[ Edited ]

I know that the engineering screen can be quite dangerous Smiley Very Happy
Do you remember changing any other settings? Maybe in the regular Settings>Network?

EDIT: what does your "Model Reset Required?" option say on the escreen?

Contributor

Once I toggle both Hybrid Preference and Set Auto Data the Modem Reset Required changed to Yes and the Reset Modem button was enabled.