Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

AT&T Update Breaks Game Audio

[ Edited ]

Is there any news on the AT&T update breaking game audio?  It's been reported by others as well and nothing fixes it so I'm pretty sure it's a flaw in the firmware.  I've tried a wipe and reload with the same issue persisting.

Then tried using an autoloader of the shipped firmware which fixed the problem but I can't restore my backup as it says incompatable software.

Why has this issue not been acknowledged officially?  It's very frustrating having to restart my device if I want to play a game and the silence on this problem.  Where is the testing from BB or AT&T to catch something like this?

Contributor

Re: AT&T Update Breaks Game Audio

Yeah I get it too. But I usually play games at work so I don't have the sound on anyway. My phone worked great until this past update. It's annoying for sure.
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

matt4pack, call your AT&T tech support and report the issue. Ask them to escalate the issue to BlackBerry tech support. Only when it's been escalated & documented several times on various users will BlackBerry see that it's probably an OS issue and log it as a bug that needs fixing.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loaded the 10.1 leak from crackberry and the problem seems to be fixed in this firmware with the restore working so I'm happy again.

This is fine for me but a solution like this isn't acceptable for most who wouldn't do something like that. I hope BB implements some better control over their testing for future releases.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Matt, honestly real world users are always gonna find bugs the developer doesn't. But hey, I fully agree with you. More thorough testing should be the gosk!
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code