Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Access to internet through apps

I recently moved from Orange to EE, since moving a number of apps won't work in 3G mode (or any network mode) but work perfectly when on wi-fi, these include the dezzer, ebay app, kindle app, kobo app and skype app, it always says (on Skype) 'Cannot connect to Skype You cannot be signed in at this time, please check your mobile netwrok settings and try agin' with buttons to try again (get the same message) or Network Settings. All the other apps give simular messages.

In Network settings data is on, and I can access data in other apps (twitter, facebook, Linkedin, foursquare) and in my browser with no problems, just those I have listed. Any suggestions?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Access to internet through apps

Hi Dave,

Can you clarify which provider "EE" is referring to?  When you switched to this provider, did you subscribe to a BlackBerry data plan?  The BlackBerry data plan is required to use these applications on your device.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Access to internet through apps

Hi, I believe I do have the BB data plan as all my emails come through as per normal and I have the little BB symbol on my phone by the data signal. EE suggested I contact blackberry to see if there was any issues.