Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Activesync does not work with new version 10.1 on Z10

Till Yesterday my Z10 works fine. The only issue with the old Software was that the device restarts sometimes without any cause. Since I done an update of my Z10, activesync do not work. After I recognized this issue I tried to reconfigure the Exchange-Activesync-Accounts but after this the issue getting worse, because now I lost all my contacts on my device.

In every constellation I got the message "your device is connected to a network but Internet service is not available".

So - Now I own a device which is no longer useful to me. Checking this forum, the problem seems to be only on my device, but if I check different other groups f.e. Crackberry the issue seems to be well known!

See: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/10-1-active-sync-issue-807978/#post8502134

So, I do not believe that this issue is a single problem and that BB has no idea about it. But here I cannot find any solution on this issue. On Crackberry they suggest to use SSL instead of port 80. The problem is - my activesync-server do not support SSL right now.

Has anybody a solution for me? Answers from BB-support-team (if there exists such a team) is very welcome!!

Smiley Frustrated

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Activesync does not work with new version 10.1 on Z10

I am having the exact same problem. all was working perfectly prior to the 10.1.0.273 upgrade (lotus email on activesync with port 80 &ssl off, contact lookup, calendar etc.). OS version 10.0.?.83 was running previously. Post the update, I stopped receiving work email; consequently I tried to increase the sync timeframe under advanced settings as that requires to re-sync account but got the error message, your account could not be authenticated with the service provider. Pls check your setting and try again.. After repeated tries, I rebooted the z10 (soft & hard) but no help! Then I deleted the account which happened successfully but creating it is not possible and I am getting the following errors: (with ssl off, port 80 as before) - your device is connected to a network but the Internet service is not available. Check your network settings... I am successfully connected to wifi fully and GPRS. (With ssl on, port 443 which we do not use) - the server is not responding. The server name in your account settings may be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again... Works fine on my iPad so server is responding! I am very disappointed for this upgrade, can you pls help! I Will have to ditch blackberry as work email is most crucial. Can I speak over phone with someone in India? I am traveling Tom morn and need this badly pls! Is the only solution to downgrade and if yes, how? Thanks in advance, VA PS. Also notifications for text messages ie. asterisk not coming through, lost my sms and partly my contacts (what a messy upgrade - pls do not install if you have not done it yet). Pls note i have even validated my email using the tool in the forum "unable to access work email" -
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: sasktel

I'm having the exact same problem with my q10, worked beautifully until I did the update that I kept getting notifications about, then my work email stopped coming through so I thought I'd delete and add the account again, but now it won't even let me do that.  How can I revert back to before the update so that everything works....pretty useless to have a phone that has no contacts, no calendar sync or email sync.....

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat EG

I can not believe that blackberry did not issue a solution for that issue till now, i am sorry for that.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

klaventure and molfy, have you tried the email account advanced setup per this Knowledge Base article?

Article ID: KB33940 How to integrate a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync email account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Sir thank you for your reply, yes i tried these steps. may be you did not notice that the problem appeared after upgrading to 10.1 that is means it was working before.

for details also we did not use https for activesync at work as IT guys said we are using port 80 not ssl.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

i agree for that , but we need a time frame for issue the update to solve that issue.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

I've been to my service provider and worked on this for a week with no luck!! Been told nothing can be done as all is down to Blackberry support to provide fix!! Asked support and forum but again not even a response.

As said phone is useless as is, nothing more than a high end paperwieght!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Orange

Is it possible this update can be wound back??? All worked without issue prior to installing update!!