Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ysg
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

After BB logo on startup screen full of random lines and not reacting on touch

[ Edited ]

A few days after a new screen was installed, the microphone during calls is not working anymore, except for calls using the speakerphone function or when a (audio only) headset is plugged in.

Also the screen sometimes was not reacting on touching and a restart was necessary to let it react again. Now the phone is not starting up anymore. After the blackberry logo is on screen properly, the screen fills with random lines with different pixel motives. Nothing changes when touching and also a short click on the top button does not make the screen go blanc.

I tried rebooting with up and down volume buttons pressed, but that also makes no difference. The twitter helpdesk of BB is not responding and T-Mobile staff was not able to help me either.

I hope I can find some help overhere.

Many thanks in advance!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: After BB logo on startup screen full of random lines and not reacting on touch

Could you clearly explain what happened before this... you've replaced the touchscreen glass on the device?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
ysg
New Contributor

Re: After BB logo on startup screen full of random lines and not reacting on touch

[ Edited ]

The repair center replaced the glass after the glass was broken. The moment I left the repair centre, everything seemed to be working properly. 

I think you might want to drop back in on that repair center.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
ysg
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to. Problem is: it is far away from my home. There are almost no repair centers for blackberry z10 devices. Even the T-mobile shop I bought the phone couldn't redirect me to a repair centre. After calling about 10 centres, I finally found one.

Therefore I was hoping someone had this problem before and it could be easily resolved.

ysg
New Contributor

BTW: The problems started after I updated my BB OS system last weekend. 

ysg wrote:

BTW: The problems started after I updated my BB OS system last weekend. 

Well, then that information could make a difference.

Upgraded to what OS?
From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

Knowledge Base Updates