Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

After update the OS via OTA, still getting update notifications

I have done 2 updates using Wifi at home for 426 and 429. After the normal about 2GB size update, I am still getting the small update notification everyday. This is happenning after each of the 2 versions update.

My current OS version in Settings is: 10.2.0.429

But after the updating , the next day, I always get another notification:

----------------------------------------------------

Applications update

Version 10.2.0.429 - Size 3MB (sometime it is 2MB)

When I open the notification, I see:

Update Available

BlackBerry 10 Applications

Software Release 10.2.0.429 - Size 2MB (This is always 2MB)

This software update introduces a number of new features to BlackBerry 10, designed to help you be more productive, in control and responsive. What’s more, there are hundreds of existing feature refinements to make the things you already do faster and easier. Visit http://blogs.blackberry.com/blackberry-10-software-updates to learn more. As always, before beginning the update we recommend that you make a current backup of your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Even I choose to update with this 3 or 2MB small updates. Or remove the notification, make it read already. The next day, the notification always comes again with unread notification and highlighted in the Priority Hub.

My collegue had the same phone. She only update once after 429 came out. She is not getting this residule notifications.

This is not just annoying of the notification. I am more wondering is there anything missing or security holes with my original update.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Classic, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Re: After update the OS via OTA, still getting update notifications

If you delete some apps after you do the upgrade, which are part of the delivered upgrade package, the system will enforce you to the upgrade to complete everything into the full state. So do the upgrade and dont delete anaything from the apps.
New Contributor

That does not seems like the case. I did not delete any apps since 429. 

And the strange thing is, even I applied the this 2/3 MB update, the next day, it will come back again. 

I will try one more time tonight to confirm.

New Contributor

Just tried to update again. Successfully applied. Then click the Restart button. Restarted.On lock screen, I can see a new Update Notification already arrived. Unlock. A dialog displayed to tell me the phone is having latest version patched. But the new notification shows another 3M update is available. Please help.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

danielcanada wrote:
Just tried to update again. Successfully applied. Then click the Restart button. Restarted.On lock screen, I can see a new Update Notification already arrived. Unlock. A dialog displayed to tell me the phone is having latest version patched. But the new notification shows another 3M update is available. Please help.

Rogers, has been sending a few update since the 10.2.0.424 got out, they are very small in fact, but I would suggest that you install them

BTW it seems that in order to get the latest you must install the previous

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

It does not look like valid small patches. Or it might not successfully installed at all.

Since last night, I updated 5 times. Everytime I restart the phone, as long as the wifi connection was established. I got this exact update notification again.

The strange thing is. When I unlocked the phone. I saw:

You now have the latest software installed.

BlackBerry 10 has been updated to version 10.2.0.429

My collegue's another z10 has no such issue.

New Contributor

Any help on this one? Is it possible to take a look what my Z10 is sending out for my current version? 

Everyday morning, I got this new update notification.

New Contributor

Tried again with Blackberry Link. The update fired off and then gave an error without any details.

Is there anyway I can get a Blackberry support on this issue? Our company helpdesk could not do much help.